A question we should have asked?

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
bilmorvn
Location: We're fulltimers and have never been physically to our address in Madison SD! Will get there probably when we renew our DL. Try to stay not too warm or cold. Usually go to Mexico in the winter which we love. Will gladly answer ?s about full timing or Mexico.
Cardinal Owners: Have a 2008 35 SB. Had ordered exactly what we wanted and then had to cancel since they changed floorplans. Wanted the W/D in the bathroom, not bedroom. Have some problems, but we love the layout. Have made many modifications including larger windows in small S/O, furniture, cabinet work, 46" TV.

A question we should have asked?

Post by bilmorvn »

Just realized that the SB models doesn't have an overhead cabinet above the vanity in the bedroom! Does anyone know why there isn't one?

The folks are still taking a break for Christmas and I haven't been able to ask if Forest River would install one. When we visited the factory they didn't seem accepting of any changes. Has anyone had any special orders other than the published options?
BillMoRex&Princess
Fulltiming since 8/93
2008 35 SB/ 2006 Chev Duramax
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

If I remember correctly, it has something to do with how you enter the bedroom. The way the doors are situated. Dayna of CougarXR could answer that question...I'm not sure who else has the sb model
tschmalz

Post by tschmalz »

I would guess that it has to do with the narrow entry way into the bedroom area between the bathroom and the vanity. Also if you extended cabinets out above the window you would really limit the view outside. The only way you could see outside is if you were laying or sitting on the bed.
bilmorvn
Location: We're fulltimers and have never been physically to our address in Madison SD! Will get there probably when we renew our DL. Try to stay not too warm or cold. Usually go to Mexico in the winter which we love. Will gladly answer ?s about full timing or Mexico.
Cardinal Owners: Have a 2008 35 SB. Had ordered exactly what we wanted and then had to cancel since they changed floorplans. Wanted the W/D in the bathroom, not bedroom. Have some problems, but we love the layout. Have made many modifications including larger windows in small S/O, furniture, cabinet work, 46" TV.

Post by bilmorvn »

Guess we go to bed to go to sleep, not look out the window, but need somewhere to put "stuff". My butt is wider than my head and they have the vanity under the window--not going to run into an overhead cabinet above the window which is no longer than the vanity. Can always make one, but am lazy and we want the woodwork to match.
BillMoRex&Princess
Fulltiming since 8/93
2008 35 SB/ 2006 Chev Duramax
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

Post by Shields »

Forest River is good about selling parts and trim. Call them to buy a vanity to install there.
Probably get better service than having the dealer do it.
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Hello bilmorvn,

Forest River is very good about selling almost anything you need, doors, mouldings, wall paper, tables, etc.

Just find what you are looking for in another Cardinal model and take a picture and list model information. Contact (Brenda Pittenger ) bpittenger@forestriverinc.com

I have found their prices great on items that I have ordered.

Another NOTE: Chad Green now handles any Cardinal issues, Rod Batts now only handles Windcat by FR issues.

Chad is a great guy and is willing help with any issues just as Rod Batts did.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW