Water pump access

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
SEP
Cardinal Owners: 99 27' RL LX

Water pump access

Post by SEP »

I have a 99 Cardinal 27RLX it seems that the only access to the water pump on my 5ver is in storage area forward on left side. This makes winterizing very difficult. Hope I never have to replace pump. Wondering if there is access over the pump in bed room under the floor.
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

Hey SEP, WELCOME to the club!!!! :D
I don't think there is. I know on mine it sits below the shower.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

My 04 has the water pump on the roadside and is accesible through the storage compartment door which is fairly large about 18 inches high by 36 inches in length, like Wayne's it is just below the shower. It also has a hose and valve to draw the antifreeze into the system.

They have changed the access doors through the years and made them larger. What are the size of your access doors on your 99 model? Does your pump have the hose to draw the antifreeze into the ststem?

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
SEP
Cardinal Owners: 99 27' RL LX

Post by SEP »

My storage compartment seems to be the same on the road side I have to pull a panel back and reach fwd, between water tank and outside wall I can just reach in disconect water line off pump and conect another line to run atifreeze through. Good thing I'm tall so I can reach it. would like to to put in a three way valve but there is barely any room for on in line from tank to pump. The current location is poor for service between outside wall and tank.
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Hi SEP, on mine I have two access doors on the rear wall of the basement. The curbside door gives access to the converter and the back of the circuit breaker panel. The roadside door gives access to the water pump and water filter.

You may want to consider removing the access door wall. Last summer I installed an AC power monitor in the converter area. I found that I could remove the rear wall by removing four wood screws. Once the screws are removed the wall can be move forward then out of the basement. I then had total access to whole area behind the wall. I never could have installed the monitor working through the access door.

Rob