What is your sleep number?

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

What is your sleep number?

Post by Shields »

I notice Camping World is advertising the sleep number beds now. Does anyone here have one and what are your opinions of this bed for RV'ing.

Al
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Had one for 10 years and I must say I am glad it is now gone. If you both do not have the same sleep number somebody is rolling down hill. We went out and bought a Sealy Latex spring less mattress and love it. But this is for the house I still think the mattress that came with the trailer is better then what we had with the sleep number.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

We've got a king at the house and we love it. We've had it almost a year. Scott sleeps on 50 and I sleep on 30 and we don't have a problem with it feeling like one of us is lower/higher than the other. I probably wouldn't pay the $$ for one in the camper, but it is definitely MUCH lighter than a conventional mattress, so that is an added consideration.
bilmorvn
Location: We're fulltimers and have never been physically to our address in Madison SD! Will get there probably when we renew our DL. Try to stay not too warm or cold. Usually go to Mexico in the winter which we love. Will gladly answer ?s about full timing or Mexico.
Cardinal Owners: Have a 2008 35 SB. Had ordered exactly what we wanted and then had to cancel since they changed floorplans. Wanted the W/D in the bathroom, not bedroom. Have some problems, but we love the layout. Have made many modifications including larger windows in small S/O, furniture, cabinet work, 46" TV.

Post by bilmorvn »

We like ours very much. Have had it for about three years now. They are having a sale on them right now, $799. We pd over a thousand at Campingworld when we got our queen. Make sure you get the queen short, if you get one.
BillMoRex&Princess
Fulltiming since 8/93
2008 35 SB/ 2006 Chev Duramax
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

I know several people that have them and love them but after three back and one shoulder surgery it was not good for me at all. But like trucks I guess thats why they make more then one brand. LOL
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
KWW

Sleep Number

Post by KWW »

Al,
A couple years ago after three herniated discs took the life out of my back, we ordered a memory foam mattress for the house-WOW! what a great bed. Sooooooo, it only took me one overnighter in the new Cardinal to go out and buy a memory foam topper for the camper. I found a 4" memory foam topper at Walmart that has changed our very uncomfortable camper mattress into a dream sleep now. The other plus is I found one for around $70
Good Luck,
kevin
markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

Post by markj »

Our 31RK had the pillow top mattress option in it when we got it. We thought it was "cheap" quality. We have put a 4" memory foam on it (from Costco) like at home and have been experimenting more. We just bought a 2" memory foam from Walmart and DW likes that combination. My side was still a little soft, so I put one of those half inch camping pads from walmart under the two foam pads and it made it perfect for me. So, by experimenting we finally found the ticket!

We had a "mattress doctor memory foam" mattress in our previous motorhome and liked that alot. We were considering getting one of those, but our fix is much cheaper. The RV Rally had a booth with mattress doctor, and they were over $1000! LOL Mark
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)