inside condensation question

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

inside condensation question

Post by markj »

We just camped 5 days--mostly raining, but a couple nice days too. Especially while raining, we had lots of condensation on the inside windows. I had windows slightly open, heaters running, and occasionally ran the vent fans, which helped some. But, in the morning we would awake to more condensation. I didn't want to leave the vent fans running too much as it was 40 degrees outside!

Any suggestions on what works for you folks? Perhaps putting a couple Dri Eze containers in there would help, but i've heard they emit some possible chemicals into the air--perhaps not good to breathe while sleeping?

How about a commercial dehumidifier? I'm curious if there's a quick fix out there.. Mark
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Hey Mark, where did you go camping? We just spent 5 days in Ocean Shores.

Those that have the electric dehumidifiers tend to swear by them. We just leave the window over the sink, or the window over the sofa, open just a crack. The most help is we leave the over head fan on all day and nights. Keeping the air circulating seems to do the trick. We went all five days without having to use the vent fans.

Rob
markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

Post by markj »

Hi Rob: We camped at Beachwood RV resort at Blaine. Very relaxing!

Good idea on the fan--I'll try that. What about when you're not hooked up to electric?

We have a KM Resort also at ocean shores. We were going to camp near Sequim but our day of departure had 5" of snow forecasted for Hood canal, so we went to Blaine. Mark
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)