37RL Fuse Panel question and furnace

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Bill M

37RL Fuse Panel question and furnace

Post by Bill M »

The 12 Volt side of my fuse panel is unmarked as to the purpose of the circuit. Does anyone know if the fuses are installed in a "standard" manner such that the circuits are arranged the same in each installation or if they are unique in each case? If standard, can someone tell me circuits top to bottom? If unique, how can I determine the circuit handled by each fuse? Pulling the fuses to determine the circuit affected doesn't seem to be feasable since I wouldn't know if the circuit was for turn signals (I am not hooked up to a truck) or for a useful circuit.
I am unable to get my furnace to operate (at all) so I suspect an electrical problem since the is no blower activity. I have been through the routine of shutting off propane and cycling the thermostat, etc.
Thanks
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

Bill not sure I can be of much help but I’m sure someone better will come along in a minute. Can’t help you in the standard placement of 15 amp fuses. I haven’t compared mine to others. On mine there are little red lights that are suppose to glow when a fuse is blown, ok if you trust them. I would use a 12v test light and check each one (since you don’t know which one goes to the furnace). Then I would check around the furnace area to see if there is any loose wires or maybe an in-line fuse. Does you’re A/C unit come on? Could be a bad thermostat. Do you actually have the switch set to furnace?
Sorry if this sounds dumb but sometimes we overlook the obvious.
Sure hope this helps.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
Donpop
Cardinal Owners: 2008 Cardinal 34QS

Post by Donpop »

Bill:

Wayne had some good ideas for what to check. I gather you are hooked to shore power? If not is does your battery have a good charge?

The propane tanks have nothing to do with the furnace blower not running. If it was running and you were not getting any heat then you would starting checking your propane supply

About your comment about turn indicators. All of the lights that are controlled when you are plugged into your truck, ie brake lights, turn indicators and running lights, have nothing to do with the 12V panel in your trailer. If any one of those has a problem they blow a fuse in your tow vehicle. Completely separate systems.
2008 Cardinal 34QS
Kodiak Disc Brakes
2012 Ford F350 SD XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW 6.7
RDS 40 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box Comb
Double tow 2 Yamaha Grizzly ATVs
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

Donpop wrote: I gather you are hooked to shore power? If not is does your battery have a good charge?
Never thought of that one. Sometimes it's the simple things we overlook. :wink:
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Hi Bill

There is schematic diagram located here http://www.cardinalrvclub.org/pdf/30TS_ ... matics.pdf that may help.

According to the diagram the furnace is supplied 12vdc on a red wire from fuse #2 and returned to ground on a white wire. These wires should be located at a connector at the furnace. There is also a red and white wire going to the thermostat, I assume a smaller gauge, that you should be able to short across to eliminate the thermostat.

Rob
Donpop
Cardinal Owners: 2008 Cardinal 34QS

Post by Donpop »

Bill:

Did you find an answer to your problem?

Don
2008 Cardinal 34QS
Kodiak Disc Brakes
2012 Ford F350 SD XLT 4x4 CC LB SRW 6.7
RDS 40 Gal Aux Tank/Tool Box Comb
Double tow 2 Yamaha Grizzly ATVs
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

For those who's fuses are marked, they may not be properly marked. I personally put in several hours of troubleshooting on my TV booster circuit only to find my fuses were not correctly marked.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")