Why can't it just be easy?

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
bilmorvn
Location: We're fulltimers and have never been physically to our address in Madison SD! Will get there probably when we renew our DL. Try to stay not too warm or cold. Usually go to Mexico in the winter which we love. Will gladly answer ?s about full timing or Mexico.
Cardinal Owners: Have a 2008 35 SB. Had ordered exactly what we wanted and then had to cancel since they changed floorplans. Wanted the W/D in the bathroom, not bedroom. Have some problems, but we love the layout. Have made many modifications including larger windows in small S/O, furniture, cabinet work, 46" TV.

Why can't it just be easy?

Post by bilmorvn »

Not sure if we'll own a 35 SB or not. Was concerned since we hadn't heard a build date and was getting blown off by the dealer. Finally got the dealer to respond to some of our questions and got a phone call from the factory on some questions the dealer couldn't answer.

Lo and behold, Cardinal has changed their floor plans! (Today they posted the 2008 brochure on their website.) We wanted the W/D in the bathroom--it was they only reason we ordered the 35 SB. They have moved the W/D to the front closet. Not only do you lose the the closet space up front, but they have eliminated the all the TV cabinet area. Good luck full timers!

The dealer is trying to find a suitable previously built 35SB, but know that they won't find one. Maybe we can find an acceptable 35 SB on our own that we can outfit later. Oh, well, back to the HH II.
BillMoRex&Princess
Fulltiming since 8/93
2008 35 SB/ 2006 Chev Duramax
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

bilmorvn,

Try Berryland Campers they have four 35 SB in stock now.

www.berrylandcampers.com
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
bilmorvn
Location: We're fulltimers and have never been physically to our address in Madison SD! Will get there probably when we renew our DL. Try to stay not too warm or cold. Usually go to Mexico in the winter which we love. Will gladly answer ?s about full timing or Mexico.
Cardinal Owners: Have a 2008 35 SB. Had ordered exactly what we wanted and then had to cancel since they changed floorplans. Wanted the W/D in the bathroom, not bedroom. Have some problems, but we love the layout. Have made many modifications including larger windows in small S/O, furniture, cabinet work, 46" TV.

Post by bilmorvn »

Thanks for the tip. Had told our dealer about them, but they haven't done anything. Part of our problem is that we didn't want a fancy paint job, but better running gear. Can add that later--it is only money!
BillMoRex&Princess
Fulltiming since 8/93
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Hey Bill...Berryland is where we bought our rig. They are in our neck of the woods! Hope you find what you are looking for....we found them very easy to work with...maybe if they have something close to what you want...they can add the rest!!
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

Post by Shields »

Went to the RV show today and they changed a lot of the floor plans.
The tv cabinet has changed drastically. It is now lowered to the middle section, but a lot of the storage has been eliminated.
The bedroom closets have less hanging room, cedar lining, the dresser at the end of the bed is taller, no cabinets above the dresser.
The big thing this year seems to be a big window by the table and lose the cabinets over the table. I woujld say the storage room has been reduced by 25%.
It seems all the bathroom thrones now come with an auxiliary sprayer. ?? Didn't really figure out why, unless they are going european.
The drawers have latches on them know to keep them closed while traveling.
And they have Goodyear tires on them.
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin

Post by Olbird »

Al and Nadine

Thanks for the great update, I bet the prices went up also.
It seems that some good ideas come out from year to year and things that were working well go away.

That is how the RV market is.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

I went to the site and looked at some of the floorplans and am SURE glad we ordered ours when we did, as I would not be impressed with losing the storage over the table - that is my CANDLE cupboard! LOL! Also, with a much light as comes in from the other large windows, I really don't think the window at the table area is necessary. Some of that window is 'wasted' it seems to me, as it goes down below the table height. I think nicer lighting in the sink area would be a nice addition - like the recessed lights we put in, instead of the plastic things and cheap fluorescent one that was over our sink. I DO like the 31RK, as it has a pantry!~ Donna
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
bayoubengal
Cardinal Owners: 2008 31RKLE

Post by bayoubengal »

You are right, it is not easy. We spent a year trying to decide. We walked in the dealer to place an order and found out about all the changes. But since our major concern was CC, the new 6000# axles and goodyear tires swayed us to stay with the model we wanted.

We ordered the 31rkle sight unseen. We knew the window was bigger by the dinette but we didn't realize the o'hd cabinet was removed. It was probably due to complaints of people wacking their head when they stood up. Since it is only the 2 of us I didn't see a problem. They should have made it an option, since some models may need the storage space.

I was the most upset about the bedroom closet. I have absolutely no need for w/d hookups. Again it should have been an option.
I am hoping I can get a hanging rod or add shelves in this closet. But my dealer threw in the 19" TV to make me happy.

I have decided that there is no PERFECT floorplan, but I finally settled on one that came close to what I wanted. Plus I ordered in a color decor I had already seen. Oh well, I think I'll be pleased moving up from a 28RL Wildcat.

Berryland is also our dealer.
Vince & Kim
2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ, SRW, D/A, Extended Cab, LB
2008 31RKLE
Nights Camped:
'02--74 '06--122 '10--24
'03--59 '07--47 '11--44
'04--83 '08--98 '12--76
'05--99 '09--84
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin

Post by Olbird »

I am not positive but I think the overhead cabinets in the dinette area are only deleted when you get the $1000 option of panoramic windows. The panoramic window options are the windows that go to the floor around the dinette table.

Also someone said a while back that a dealer told them the high gloss gel-coat fiberglass was no longer an option.
To clear this up it is standard on the Cardinal 5th wheel units now but still remains an option on the Cardinal LE models. Just as the molded rear fiberglass cap with the built in bumper is still an option on the Cardinal LE models.

I will check on this with a dealer I always talk to, he can get me the correct information on this option from the factory.
George & Julie

2022 Ford F450 DRW
bilmorvn

Post by bilmorvn »

Dealer did find one, but not sure if we can make it work. There are two '08s at Berryland. Don't know why our dealer couldn't work with them. Waiting to get our deposit refunded and then will talk with Berryland--have heard good reports on them.

Both rigs have a lot of options we don't need, but can work with them if the price is right since we still need to add what we want. One option I am not familiar with is hydraulic front jacks. Know what they are, but haven't heard any comments here or elsewhere--any input?

Regarding the W/D in the front closet, Cardinal is just joining the other RV mfgrs.--a bad move from our point of view. What ever one does, they all do. They sure have eliminated a lot of storage---guess you can't be overweight if there is no storage. Another trend we hate is the ugly wall board color. It should be neutral, not baby poo brown.
Last edited by bilmorvn on Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BillMoRex&Princess
Fulltiming since 8/93
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin

Post by Olbird »

They are fast and a great option.
George & Julie

2022 Ford F450 DRW
bayoubengal
Cardinal Owners: 2008 31RKLE

Post by bayoubengal »

We haven't received our LE unit but looking at the floor plans on the FR website for '08 units built post 27 Nov. it indicates that there are no cabinets over the dinette table and chairs. We believe they were removed because of a potential to hit ones head. The brochures only show plans with the table and chairs; therefore, it is possible that units with the booth will have the cabinets since you would have to slide out of the booth and this would eliminate any opportunity to hit ones head.

We also have an '07 brochure and it indicates as a standard feature that all LE units come with high gloss GEL Coating. Our dealer confirmed this as so; however, we had to pay for it on the new '08 models as an option.
Vince & Kim
2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ, SRW, D/A, Extended Cab, LB
2008 31RKLE
Nights Camped:
'02--74 '06--122 '10--24
'03--59 '07--47 '11--44
'04--83 '08--98 '12--76
'05--99 '09--84
bilmorvn

Post by bilmorvn »

:( Berrylandcampers doesn't want our business. I sold RVs off and on for a couple of years--don't mind the dealer making a reasonable profit, but it needs to be competative, too. They wanted $6K more than the one we ordered from CW and didn't want to negotiate. Take it or leave it, so we left it. The search goes on.
BillMoRex&Princess
Fulltiming since 8/93
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Well, I am very sorry to hear that...I have heard several people say that they had gotten hard to deal with. Their loss, and if they keep up that attitude...it will bite em in the you know where sooner or later. Have you checked with Steven's RV in Lafayette??? I think that is where Lindabud bought theirs. Also Lazy Dayz in Florida, not sure how far you want to go for the floorplan you wanted. Hope you find something soon!!!
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin

Post by Olbird »

bayoubengal wrote:We haven't received our LE unit but looking at the floor plans on the FR website for '08 units built post 27 Nov. it indicates that there are no cabinets over the dinette table and chairs. We believe they were removed because of a potential to hit ones head. The brochures only show plans with the table and chairs; therefore, it is possible that units with the booth will have the cabinets since you would have to slide out of the booth and this would eliminate any opportunity to hit ones head.

We also have an '07 brochure and it indicates as a standard feature that all LE units come with high gloss GEL Coating. Our dealer confirmed this as so; however, we had to pay for it on the new '08 models as an option.

If you get the panoramic windows option you will not get overhead cabinets. The panoramic windows go almost from the ceiling to the floor that is way the cabinets are not offered. Here is a new 2008 model with overhead cabinets and a dinette with standard size windows.
Look at the new design window treatments around the window frame.

LE comes standard with high gloss fiberglass vacubond walls, it is a option to get high gloss Gel Coat fiberglass vacubond walls. Gel coat is a extra layer of Resin that makes for a thicker wall and covers the hides the fibers a lot better.

George & Julie

2022 Ford F450 DRW