Refrigerator vent paint

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
SEP
Cardinal Owners: 99 27' RL LX

Refrigerator vent paint

Post by SEP »

I have a 1999 27RLX the vent on the ref. has yellowed on the outside. wondered if anyone has painted this. What color and type of paint.
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Never painted it on my last 5er when things started to yellow from age I replaced them. The plastic can become brittle and break easy so for me it was worth the cost buy new ones.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
gmarker
Cardinal Owners: 2005 29WBLE

Post by gmarker »

If the plastic is still in good condition, other than the color, Rustoleum makes a good plastic primer and plastic paint.
GERRY & KAY
2005 29WBLE
20011 FORD F250 LARIOT 6.7 POWERSTROKE
MAX the WONDERCAT
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

The vents are a standard item and not all that expensive. My last trailer was a '92 and I replaced all the exterior plastic at one time or another over the years I had it.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Mike Clay wrote:Never painted it on my last 5er when things started to yellow from age I replaced them. The plastic can become brittle and break easy so for me it was worth the cost buy new ones.
Had to replace all of my holding tank and roof vent covers a week ago. Found that the standard white CAMCO plumbing/attic vent covers with the steel clips replace the existing tops. The CAMCO full cover/cap replacement also matches OEM screw holes. This after dropping $20.00 ordering some on the net because they had the caps with the screw mount. Only problem was the cap male/female connections were different and the mounting roof screw holes differed.