Propane pressure problems

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
tagilles

Propane pressure problems

Post by tagilles »

I have an 07 35tbh-tt and since the last time I ran out of propane every time the heater is on the water heater won't light. Once the heater turns off the water heater will light. I read on here a few months ago that some owners had to replace the gas regulators because of various failures. Does this sound like another effect of Forest River's penny pinching? The trailer is still under warranty, should I have FR replace it with another cheap one for free or just fork out the money and buy a better one? I have a travel trailer with two tanks, any recommendations for a better replacement?
Thank you, Thomas.
jamespatrick4

Post by jamespatrick4 »

I had a similar problem with my 2008 36-2BH, except that sometimes the gas would slowly lose pressure until the flame just went out. When I took it in to the dealer for warranty work last month, the service person called and said they turned on each of the gas appliances and they worked so there was nothing wrong. Fortunately, the service person had given me his cell phone number because I insisted on dropping the rig off on a Saturday and their service department was closed on the weekends. I said that's fine, the next time the furnace cuts out at 2:00 a.m., I'll call him and he can tell me there is nothing wrong. They replaced the regulator. I later talked to one of service techs who said a number of the Cardinals had that problem.

So, yes, it seems to be a common (or not uncommon) problem and the regulator should be replaced. If the dealer replaces it I don't think you will have the same problem since it will be a regulator off the shelf at the dealer, not FR (which apparently received a bad batch of regulators).
bilmorvn
Location: We're fulltimers and have never been physically to our address in Madison SD! Will get there probably when we renew our DL. Try to stay not too warm or cold. Usually go to Mexico in the winter which we love. Will gladly answer ?s about full timing or Mexico.
Cardinal Owners: Have a 2008 35 SB. Had ordered exactly what we wanted and then had to cancel since they changed floorplans. Wanted the W/D in the bathroom, not bedroom. Have some problems, but we love the layout. Have made many modifications including larger windows in small S/O, furniture, cabinet work, 46" TV.

Post by bilmorvn »

Our '04 Some Other Brand has the Marshall Gas Control. It has been replaced twice and we still have pressure problems when it gets toward the end of a tank.
BillMoRex&Princess
Fulltiming since 8/93
2008 35 SB/ 2006 Chev Duramax
tagilles

Post by tagilles »

Yes, I'm tired of no water heater just to run the furnace. I will call the repair man to have him warranty the regulator. We have had so many problems with this unit I have tried to have FR take it back under California's Lemon Law. FR did not like hearing me say that. We have owned the unit for almost a year and it's been in three different dealers' shops for a total of 7 months and nothing was fixed completely. The wife and I want to talk to a layer about the lack of repair on the unit. I'm getting grey hair from this mess and I'm only 27! Anyway, I'll call the repair man and get the regulator replaced. Thank you all for the help.
Thomas.
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

INSIST on a Marshall, not the cheap one. :x
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
hblong3

Post by hblong3 »

It sounds like the gas line. there is a rubber type material that is suppose to seal the line in case of fire ....They malfuction and stop the line up....I took a small drill bit and drill out the material