Anode Rod

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
hillbilly

Anode Rod

Post by hillbilly »

I have seen somewhere that you could get a anode rod with a flip valve on it so you could drain the hot water heater with out removing the rod itself. Has anyone seen this, if so where can you get them. Mine is eat up after one year. I'm sure this is from not draining the heater after each trip. Spring is on us folks! LET'S ROLL!!!! :lol:
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

We just put one on our rig....but it's a twist valve. Got it from Camping World
Rob & Cathy

Re: Anode Rod

Post by Rob & Cathy »

hillbillystuarthillbilly wrote: I'm sure this is from not draining the heater after each trip. Spring is on us folks! LET'S ROLL!!!! :lol:
I doubt that's the reason. I never drain my water heater and when I replaced mine after the first year I had lots of the rod left. Just a thought.

Rob
spskatt

Anode rod

Post by spskatt »

I stopped at Camping World and they had never heard of a anode rod with a drain. Does a water heater need a anode rod? Could we just put a twist valve in place of it?
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Re: Anode rod

Post by rosey »

spskatt wrote:I stopped at Camping World and they had never heard of a anode rod with a drain. Does a water heater need a anode rod? Could we just put a twist valve in place of it?
The annode rod helps prevent your water heater from rusting thru from the inside out.
Gayle & Mike Rosenblatt "Rosey"
Our Furry Camping Kids; "Ting-Tang,Saylor,& Kai"
07 Cardinal 34QS;4 Slides;Optional Paint;Bigfoot
07 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500 Duramax Dually Longbed CC;Allison;Titan 62 Gal(Super Ser.)fuel tank
dennis1949
Cardinal Owners: 2016. Blue Ridge 3045RL

Post by dennis1949 »

I bought one yesterday at my local rv dealer. Cost me $15.00. I believe it will be worth it Because I drain my hot water heater when I get home from a trip.
Dennis Carpenter
2016. Blue Ridge 3045RL
2012 3/4 GMC Z71 truck
Decatur Al.