Cardinal Options

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Diesel Dave 04
Cardinal Owners: 2007 36-2BH

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

I thought the central vac would be a must have with the dear wife, but for the $284 they wanted she said she will buy a vac at wall mart and leave it in the camper. She thought what is the differance with only one place to plug in the hose,you either drag a hose around or a cord. so we cut it out of the option list.
we went with the aluminum roof trusses because I had a jayco one time that had a roof leek and no one knew it, by the time it showed up it had allready rotted out 2 of the wood trusses.
went with the booth, had a table and 4 chairs before hate strapping down the chairs every time. and the booth in the Bird is nice and big i can get in and out easy.
went with counter top ext.(the DW wanted it)
went with slide topers because it sits by long needle pines at my house and them thing are trouble.
stayed with the 13.5 K A\C because I will install my 2nd 13.5 A/C heat pump unit in the bedroom.
went with the half bath option in the bunk room cause I have 1 teen age girl and one comming up.
We deleeted the carpet in the living/kitchen area do to the kids & puppies tracking in to much dirt. easyer to clean laminate.
We are not going to full time so we didnt need any of the real fancy stuff.

Thought the power awning would be cool but not needed in my case.
thought the power stableizers would be cool also but not needed.
The hardest thing was picking a decore and we went with Mocha.
NOW THE HARD THING IS WAITING FOR IT TO COME IN.
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
fix 7.3 , 6.0 AND now 6.4s Powerstroke diesels.
retdon

Post by retdon »

We ordered our Redbird with just the things we wanted and later added the Splendide 2100, love it. Our bird is perfect would not change a thing but sad to say she is for sale. Age is creeping up on us and we have made the decision not to risk getting on the roof anymore.

When ordering you dream look hard at all the standard and optional features and get what fits your life style.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Sorry to hear you are selling your Redbird retdon. Isn't there someone that can go up on the roof for you? One of your kids? A good friend? I wish you luck in whatever you decide.
retdon

Post by retdon »

Wish there was someone but no one lives close by. Thanks for the reply, Linda