Cardinal Options

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
BB_TX

Cardinal Options

Post by BB_TX »

If you were to order a new Cardinal tomorrow, what options would you consider
1. Can't do without it,
2. Really nice, but I guess I could live without it,
3. OK, I could go either way,
4. Probably not worth the money, or
5. Don't bother.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

1. Trail Air pin box and suspension

2. The third slide

3. King size bed

4. The skylights (if they aren't options, they should be!)

5. Solar Panel

We don't have the first two, but would if buying another rig.
Last edited by Luizianna on Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

I don't know about the Trail Air, but I've heard others swear by it. (I'd like to check on the suspension) I'll have to agree with Linda on the other 4.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Dependent on size of course, if you get a 33 foot or larger, 2nd air conditioner or at least wired and framed for it. As a Texan you will want one!
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
JOE33060
Cardinal Owners: 2006 36-2BHLE

Post by JOE33060 »

Im new to RVing and this is my 1st rig. If I were ordering another one I would get the dining table and 4 chairs not the booth.
Joe and Cheryl
2006 36-2BHLE
2008 Ford F350 CC King Ranch
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Yeh me too Joe...DH wanted table...I wanted booth. Thought the kids would be with us more...have used the booth bed once in almost two years. We will be changing it out ourselves eventually. And next trip will be running away from kids!!! lol The last two weeks was enuff for quite awhile...whewww
JOE33060
Cardinal Owners: 2006 36-2BHLE

Post by JOE33060 »

Is the booth easy to change out for the table. I wonder whats under the seats or if you need to carpet that area. Let me know if you do this I might try it.

Thx

JOE
Joe and Cheryl
2006 36-2BHLE
2008 Ford F350 CC King Ranch
BB_TX

Post by BB_TX »

Cardinal Man wrote:I wish I would have got the Gel Coat fiberglass,

Charles
I am looking to buy my first RV so please forgive some of my newbie questions. What advantage does the gel coat give?
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

1. Looks nicer
2. Easier to clean
3. Stays clean longer
4. Looks nicer
:lol: :roll: 8) :lol:
Oh and questions are why we are here. :wink:
Welcome 8)
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Yep mine has the gel coat and stays nice and shinny 8) Plus glad it came with the table and chairs. I think if I was to add something (not that I would need it) would be a gen set.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

BB...we were all newbies at one time...before long you'll be feeling like a pro.

Joe, we saw a rv on the dealers lot that had a booth taken out and table put in. When I asked about the marks on the carpet I was told that in time and a few vacuuming it would go away. There is an RV Surplus place in Elkhart, Ind that sells new rv furniture at a reasonable price. I figure when we start traveling we may just have to go up that way and get ours swapped out. I will take the booth cushions and cover some seat cushions with the material so it will match the rest of the decor. Here's a link if you want to take a look. You might have to scroll down a ways... http://www.rvsurplussalvage.com/catalog ... egory_id=6
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

DH wanted the laminate floor so we got that and now I am glad about that. We also got the solid surface countertops. We aren't to thrilled with the loveseat.The top of it looks smooshed down..we may replace it in the future.Good luck with your decision, one thing for sure we love our redbird.
david_iona

Post by david_iona »

We have the dinette and chairs and would prefer to have the booth. I am checking with local dealers to see if they have "trade_out stock" on hand and trade for a booth. If someone on this forum lives close enough to me I would consider meeting them halfway and trade. Shipping the items is also an option as that would be less expensive than purchasing new booth or table and chairs. Contact me via email and we can talk. Dave.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Well shoot!! If this was a few months later...and you have mocha interior, I'd say lets go for it. DH wont retire until end of dec...and we are a good distance apart :( Plus I have some friends in Soda Springs, I'd love to see. But will be next summer before we make that trip. I also checked with my dealer...they wanted all my grandkids plus an arm and a leg to swap out. Said they would have to order the table and chairs from forest river and they had no use for the booth once it was taken out.
Lil'Darlin1972

Post by Lil'Darlin1972 »

JOE33060 wrote:Im new to RVing and this is my 1st rig. If I were ordering another one I would get the dining table and 4 chairs not the booth.
We are new to this too. We choose the table and chairs because dh and I like to play cards and we figured it would be easier to do with a regular table. We just unscrewed the table and pulled it out to make more room and then put it back before heading home. Now if we could just do something about the furniture in the den. The loveseat isn't very roomy and it is very hard. The leather recliners are pretty stuff too. I am hoping over time we will break it in !!