PDI for new 36-2BH

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

mancil wrote:Let this be a lesson. don't buy an RV away from home. I live in Va and
I bought in Fla. A little difficult to get back there for service. Most other dealers will not work on Rv's they did not sell.
Where did you purchase your Cardinal, if I may ask?
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

rvlost wrote:Campswithcritters, our w/d is Majestic. I would love to hear if your new dryer works better. We are currently visiting my inlaws in KS and I think that we are going to take out the w/d and leave it there for awhile. With the kitchen so small, that extra closet space is too tempting. But if I change my mind we can put the w/d back in next time we go by. I have done laundry at the laundramats twice now and it wasn't bad at all -- took my laptop and aircard and enjoyed my quiet surfing time.
Ok the report is in, after doing only one load so far, we love it. Dry cycle set for 90 minutes and ended up with warm dry pair of Jeans, pair of shorts, and a hand towel. That would have taken 3 hrs+ with previous dry cycle. Model is Splendide 2100S (camping world) and does require installation of an outside vent (also camping world). Easy iron button even left the items wrinkle free. Hope this info helps. :D
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
rvlost

Post by rvlost »

Campswithcritters, thanks for the update. I did a test on our w/d. Washed 2 dish towels, washing went fine. Put them in the dryer. After 45 minutes they were hot and WET. That was it, we took the w/d out. I now have a fabulous pantry/closet instead.

BTW, when we took the w/d out noticed a few things

* the vent hose had a huge gash, and holes in it
* when we lifted the dryer up a large spring fell out
* the QA label on the unit had a date and initials for testing the washer, but the dryer test had no date and no initials
* the closet was filthy -- all the sawdust and debris from putting in the vent was in the back of the closet -- guess they figured I wouldn't see it so why bother

I hate that I wasted the money on the w/d, but laundromats aren't so bad. If I change my mind we will look at the Splendide.
rvlost

Post by rvlost »

Mancil,

We lived in Manassas, VA when we bought our Cardinal and there weren't any Carindal dealers in NOVA. The closest dealer was McGeorge's near Richmond and they have a terrible reputation for service -- so don't feel too bad you didn't have a good option close to you. We had some dealing with Restless Wheels RV in Manassas before we left VA and they have excellent recommendations on the rv.net forum. I am not sure if they will do warranty work, but you might want to contact them -- they are a smaller shop and don't do as many sales, but more repairs.
Diesel Dave 04
Cardinal Owners: 2007 36-2BH

Re: PDI for new 36-2BH

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

rvlost wrote:Hi,

Our new 36-2BH is scheduled for delivery on Saturday, 7/29. This is our first RV. We have downloaded 2 PDI checklists from rv.net. Is there anything specific to the Cardinal/36-2BH that we should be sure to check for? Any common problems?

After reading this forum we are probably going to buy new tires next week :)

Thanks for the advice!
I ordered this same trailer last night. On the Tires what did you do?
The 36-2bh comes with G rated tires am i going to have issues with the tires on this?
rvlost

Post by rvlost »

Diesel Dave 04,

Congratulations on joining the Cardinal ranks, we have been happy in ours so far. As for the tires, if you search in this forum or on rv.net, you will find that Forest River was using Kenda tires on many of its units and LOTS of people had problems/blow outs with them. I read enough horror stories (after we had ordered of course) to really worry me. We called our dealer before our unit arrived and they weren't able to tell us which tires we would get. When our unit arrived, it had Karrier Load Star tires. A search on them, wasn't very reassuring, but not as bad as the Kendas. We debated on replacing them immediatly, but decided to just keep a very close watch on them. DH checks the air pressure religiously -- and I don't mean Christmas and Easter. So far they have been ok, one flat when we ran over debris, but can't really fault the tires for that. We have been full timing for about 6 weeks, and traveled about 3k miles. We plan to full time for a year, so we decided to wait and replace the tires with Michelins before we head to Alaska next May.

My suggestion is to do some research on tires on these forums, and then wait to see what tires you get. Then do what you think is right for you, I tend to be a worry wart.

Good Luck!
Diesel Dave 04

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

Sharon, Thanks for the reply, we had a Cerar Creek 362BTS on order but after the DW seen the Cardinal 36-2BH at the hershey show we cancled for the Bird I hope i made the right choice. now the wait starts again :(
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

I'm sure you will be as happy, and proud of your new bird as I am.
Good choice, and welcome to the family of Cardinal owners. A lot of good people here in this club... :wink:
Happy Camping.
Diesel Dave 04

Re: PDI for new 36-2BH

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

rvlost wrote:Hi,

Our new 36-2BH is scheduled for delivery on Saturday, 7/29. This is our first RV. We have downloaded 2 PDI checklists from rv.net. Is there anything specific to the Cardinal/36-2BH that we should be sure to check for? Any common problems?

After reading this forum we are probably going to buy new tires next week :)

Thanks for the advice!
Can you point me to the PDI list you downloaded from RV.net?
Thanks
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
fix 7.3 , 6.0 AND now 6.4s Powerstroke diesels.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Here is a PDI that was on rv.net. It is very detailed. Hope this helps!
rvlost

Post by rvlost »

Diesel Dave 04,

Sorry I haven't been on the forum for awhile - the link above might be one of the ones we use. I can't remember exactly which PDI lists we used - I found a lot of info from the FAQ at rv.net -- http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fusea ... 264829.cfm. In any case, the lists online were extremely detailed and we used them as a guide, but as newbies the list was a bit overwhelming.

Good Luck![/quote]
Diesel Dave 04

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

No problem, :D I was just wondering if there was anything special to be looking for on the 36-2BH I really didnt look very hard at are crossroads Paradise Point we have now when we took delivery. I know this one will be a real PDI They have an area where they hook every thing up and show you every thing, the guy told me plan on beeing there over 2 hrs.
I figure if i have to be there 2 hrs I should have somthing to go by.

Ps: how does that F-550 work with that 40 footer? what gears does the truck have and what MPG are you avg.??
Thanks
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
fix 7.3 , 6.0 AND now 6.4s Powerstroke diesels.