Storage Doors

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Awfahey
Cardinal Owners: Deceased Cardinal owner

Storage Doors

Post by Awfahey »

I thought I would just pass along a problem that I encountered with the 2 large side storage doors. On my 2005 30TS the doors open to the side and have round type hinges. The doors are heavy and they have broken once and were replaced by FR. After using the 5th two times they both broke again and were dragging when trying to close them. I had to lift up on them to get them to close and lock.

Took the 5th to the shop and FR sent 2 new doors. However, after looking at the new 2006's I see that they changed hinges to a full door piano type which makes more sense and FR is now sending the new door (piano hinge) type. If any of you have this problem you consider have your repair facility contact FR and change out the doors to the piano type.

As a side note. FR has done this without any hassle.

Al Fahey
Last edited by Awfahey on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2005 HD2500 GMC, D/A
2005 Cardinal 30TS
Judy & Al
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

Thanks Al. I have the same type door, and the left hand side is hard to close because it's not aligned properly. Looks like I just need to reposition the hinge, and straighten it out. (the hinge is bent) Glad to know that FR has a real fix for this. When I take my bird in, the doors will be on my list. :D
TwoPiggs

Post by TwoPiggs »

Al -

We have the full piano hinge and they do seem to work well, although the driver-side is dragging just a little. Like you Ernie, it must be a tad out of alignment.

We just drove 350+ miles today to deliver our bird to our dealer for some warranty work (awning, toilet leak, gas regulator, and window adjustment) - and reading your post, I'll call them Monday and have them look at/adjust the hinge. We'll pick it up again in a couple weeks.

Footnote - living in the mid-west, we're used to long drives for many things, but two-round trips of 350 miles each to deliver and pickup the bird makes you think twice about fuel costs. We paid $3.35 - $3.44 for diesel on this trip - which equals about $100 for each trip to the dealer.

Jeff
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

two pigs...
Is your gas regulator in question because it won't switch over automatically when service tank goes empty?

We think that we are having problems with that as well. Waiting for tank to go dry to verify.

Good luck with your repairs!
TwoPiggs

Post by TwoPiggs »

rebgun64 wrote:two pigs...
Is your gas regulator in question because it won't switch over automatically when service tank goes empty?

We think that we are having problems with that as well. Waiting for tank to go dry to verify.

Good luck with your repairs!
I'm not sure yet, so I'll let you know for sure in two weeks.

Symptoms - While camping in Wyoming, Dee complained that her gas pressure was low at the stove. We were using the driver side tank and it showed 1/2 red. The passenger side tank was turned off. I turned the driver tank off - moved the regulator lever to the passenger tank and turned the other tank on. Nothing - nada - no gas flow. changed the regulator control position - still nothing. I reversed everything - back to the beginning. Dee's pressure returned to normal and the driverside tank still said half-full. I pulled the passenger tank out - it was definitely still full. Released some gas - tried it all over again - still nothing. My diagnosis is regulator - either the one on the passenger side - or the primary distribution regulator/valve on the drivers side. ps - Pressure remained fine for next 10-days. Since it could have been altitude - we checked all of this again when back home. Still nothing from the passenger tank. Since we have never used the passenger tank - something has been wrong from the beginning.
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

I too have the piano hinges. Something I added was a screen door chain. You know the one with the spring on one end. Now if the wind catches the door it doesn't bang against the trailer. A word of caution, make sure when you attach it you put the screws into the metal framework, NOT the door itself. The door skin is very thin and the screws will pull out. :cry: :shock:
Hope this helps.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
woodlandrjs

Post by woodlandrjs »

TwoPigs...
Ya know, we sorta thought the same thing, but in my confusion, I thought that it was something I caused.
Now I'll have to pay attention and verify.