Kenda Tires

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
yogi154

Post by yogi154 »

Hello To All Kenda told me this week they would buy my new Kendra back for $ 110 a tire and I can buy my own tires OR THEY GIVE ME NEW KENDA"S I can't wait for my new Kenda's
Ok by now you think this guy is NUT"S OK I'm only kidding Now here's the Question ??? What Brand of tires ???? Cooper $ 118 B F G $ 149
Unirolyal $ 95 Michlin $ 185 The last two are from a tire rep wholesale
My Daughter worked there a couple years ago The rep said go with Unirolyal
Any feed back on these Brands?????
The Bird sits waiting for New Shoes
Thanks Wayne
Banjo

Post by Banjo »

I see all these references to DOT codes to check. It is actually a lot easier. There is a five (5) character code that can easily be checked. This code is the same for all manufacturers. If it appears on your tires, replace them...quick.
The code to check for is CHINA
yogi154

Post by yogi154 »

Well I aired up those Kenda Super Tires last nite 80 PSI Hooked Up Sat morning was my second trip with my New Bird my first trip was home from the dealer. in two weeks lost half the air. Well here I go down the farm roads thur the road construction No Problems
Got to the tire store I pull out the inf heat gun to check tires and bearings the Kendas were hot !! bearings cold checked psi the tires lost air psi big time 60 ,40, 30 &35 psi
The Tire guy asked me what I wanted Uniroly B F G's Yoko's or Michellins
I told him he's the boss (my daughter worked there for years )soI trust him
His choice BFG TA Commercial so that's what the Bird got
Got home 88 degrees and 80 psi I 'm happy
Now it's time to camp Well after three weeks of Wedding's and Grads

Ok I done
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Michelin here had them on the last 5er and now on this one.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
yogi154

Post by yogi154 »

Hi Mike
I not trying to start a tire WAR !!! I wanted to go with Michelin expect a place called Viet Nam and the Michelin rubber trees but the tire guy said the Michelin rode hard the Unifoyal rode the best the BFG's were in the middle. This tire guy is a tire wholesaler with about 10,000 tires in his store and a big Michelin Sign . Hey if I'm wrong I guess I'll eat crow and buy Michelin but I'm sure the BFG's will be fine
I got the Firestone air bags today so I'll look at install tomorrow . I guess I'll order the roto chocks this week too .
I'll be full timming in the bird soon . I start a pipeline job next month down in Rantol IL 100 miles from home too far to drive.
That's my story and I'm stick-in to it
WAYNE
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Really do not think there is a right or wrong ( except what came on the trailer) its what brand you like and what you want to put on your trailer.

Let us know how the ride rite install goes, that's my next project.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

I realize that I'm coming a bit late to this conversation, but I am surprise at the variety of tires used on these trailers.

I have seen others here with the same year and model trailer I have but with different tires. I have the following tires on my trailer:

Trailer King ST/235/80R16 10PR
Load range E
max load 3520# at 80psi

Anyone else with the Trailer King tires?

Rob
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

I have the Trailer King. I haven't seen anything about them, but have never heard of them before either.
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

CritterRenter wrote:I have the Trailer King. I haven't seen anything about them, but have never heard of them before either.
Nor have I. I'm sure that others have them too, so in this case no news is good news. Based on the max load of the tires I believe it may be a little over rated for my trailer which is certainly how I prefer it.

My trailer's GVW is 12190# and if you subtract 1800# carried on the hitch that leaves 10390# the tires have to carry. The tires are rated at 3520# each for a total of 14080#. So, if my thinking is right, the tires can carry 3690# more than the max load of the trailer. That sounds good to me.

Rob
woodlandrjs

Post by woodlandrjs »

The short answer for us was we replaced the Kenda tires as soon as we started reading of the problems. They probably had a grand total of 3,000 miles. They LOOKED great and I almost cried while cutting the numbers out of the sidewalls. We had CW put Goodyears on (along with a Pressure Pro monitoring system) and the peace of mind is worth it.
The rest of the story is that Kenda reimbursed us for $110/tire... which didnt cover the cost of the Goodyears... but "what-the-hay".
I'd take out a loan if I had to in order not to run any tire from that company.
:D :D
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

woodlandrjs wrote:We had CW put Goodyears on (along with a Pressure Pro monitoring system) and the peace of mind is worth it.
:D :D
What is the "monitoring system?" Knowing what the pressure is would definitely be peace of mind.
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

CritterRenter wrote: What is the "monitoring system?" Knowing what the pressure is would definitely be peace of mind.
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/prod ... rodID=5451
Try this one. Not as many bells & whistles
http://www.doranmfg.com/index.html
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

Future Fulltimers wrote:
CritterRenter wrote: What is the "monitoring system?" Knowing what the pressure is would definitely be peace of mind.
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/prod ... rodID=5451
Try this one. Not as many bells & whistles
http://www.doranmfg.com/index.html
Looks like a good idea. Might be something good to have.
Jetmech

Post by Jetmech »

I'm getting into this a little late, but wanted to put in my two cents worth. I went through the tire fiasco last year, had two of the Kenda's blow out on a trip to Branson and over 3K in damage to the Bird. In short Kenda paid for all the repairs and sent me five of the Load Stars, I've put about 1500 miles on them and I'm running a Doran pressure pro system. But, after reading some of these threads on the Load Stars, they are coming off the trailer, we've got a long trip planned in Sept and I just don't want to go through what we did last year again.....I've been running Michelins on my trucks and cars for years, so believe I will go with the XPS's.... Any comments /suggestions appreciated........
CritterRenter

Welcome Jetmech

Post by CritterRenter »

I've got the Trailer Kings, but thinking about changing them out after the first trip. Hate to be on the side of the road, thinking it "could have been" a good trip.

And welcome to the club.