Kenda Tires

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Vance Trube

Kenda Tires

Post by Vance Trube »

I found out through a fellow Cardinal owner that the tires put on some of the cardinals have been found to be defective.
After much correspondence with Kenda, they will replace the tires at a price of $110 for each tire. After some more correspondence this number is to include all enviornmental, disposal, taxes, mounting and balancing fees that the government and business's have put on the price of a tire.
So in reality Kenda wants you to either put there tires back on the unit or buy a tire around the $94 dollar figure.
Don not be mislead by the offer that Kenda makes for replacing their tires.
Awfahey
Cardinal Owners: Deceased Cardinal owner

Kenda Tire(Mabel White's Email)

Post by Awfahey »

Cardinal Man wrote:Vance

I contacted Mabel White at Kenda concerning my tires.I e-mailed her the Dot numbers off my tires.7Y9J ANB 2404 She told me those tires were made from a different mold and that they have not had any problems with them.I am keeping my fingers crossed that she's right
Charles, Do you have her email address. I would like to find out about mine.

Al
2005 HD2500 GMC, D/A
2005 Cardinal 30TS
Judy & Al
Awfahey
Cardinal Owners: Deceased Cardinal owner

Email

Post by Awfahey »

Thanks. I sent an email and also asked if she had any data sheets that we could post on the site.

Al
2005 HD2500 GMC, D/A
2005 Cardinal 30TS
Judy & Al
Gordon Reid

Post by Gordon Reid »

What year did they start putting Kendra's on? My 01 came with Apache 16" E rated tires. I know that I am going to have to replace them in a year or so and wondering what ST tires to go with.
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

We have replaced our Kenda's with Michelin XPS. We had a blow out at about 7,000 miles on a DOT 7Y9J ANB 3304. We'd had the 5er less than a year and check tire pressure regularly before a trip and while on the road. I had called Kenda after the Yahoo group seemed to have a rash of problems, and was told us our tires weren't part of the batch they were concerned with. We did not contact Kenda after the blow out - I probably should just to see what they say. We just decided to go with the Michelins for peace of mind.
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

jennyt wrote:We have replaced our Kenda's with Michelin XPS. We had a blow out at about 7,000 miles on a DOT 7Y9J ANB 3304. We'd had the 5er less than a year and check tire pressure regularly before a trip and while on the road. I had called Kenda after the Yahoo group seemed to have a rash of problems, and was told us our tires weren't part of the batch they were concerned with. We did not contact Kenda after the blow out - I probably should just to see what they say. We just decided to go with the Michelins for peace of mind.
The Michelins are what I am getting next week. I do have LoadStar on right now but still dont trust them. :(
Last edited by Mike Clay on Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
kwellock

Post by kwellock »

Hi folks,
I currently am living a nightmare dealing with Kenda. I took their replacement tires (Loadstar) and in January of this year had two separations with only 8550 miles on them and within 9 days of each other. Both blowouts caused considerable damage. After contacting Kenda (Mable White) I was led to believe that they would stand behind their product and pay for damages. I was told to keep track of all expenses. I supplied a certified current weight slip that confirmed I was 1500 lbs. underweight. After 5-6 weeks, I was informed that they WOULD NOT honor any claim against them due to the fact that I had run the tires underinflated. This couldn't be further from the truth. I religiously checked to confirm the 90 lbs. psi that they required. All tires at the time and before always had 90 lbs. Let me say that through this process, Mable White has been very pleasant to work with. I'm sure she does nothing but pass on the information that persons up the corporate ladder hand down. I replaced the tires with GoodYear Wranglers HT's Hopefully, Kenda will reimburse me for damages and the cost of the tires that they retrieved for inspection.
Luv5er

"Kenda Tires"

Post by Luv5er »

I was reading about the tires in this segment and we also have the LoadStar tires from Karrier (Kenda) and I was wondering how they have held up for others....I went on the web site and found them by doing a search..anyway I found that they are to be kept at 65psi... If you type in Eastern Marine in your search engine you will find out about the Karrier Tires (LoadStar)
kwellock

Post by kwellock »

I had the 235x80xR16's Load Range E on my 04 29TSLX and they required 90 psi each. What I found interesting, is the aluminum rims they were mounted on, had a limit of 80 psi stamped on the inside of each rim?
Luv5er

LoadStar tires

Post by Luv5er »

I was just checking the web site that I found the info on the Karrier Tires and it was" Eastern Marine Trailer Parts Superstore" The tire we have is ST235/80R-16" The load range is D (8-ply rating) max. capacity is 3,000 lbs. each, Overall Diameter is 30.9", Max PSI-65lbs. Of course the info on the web site say they are really great quality, ect......My concern was when I had read all about the problems people were having with the Kenda Tires.....and then I read how there some problems with the LoadStar.....I just want to be safe.....We are heading for a trip this summer down south and surely hope for the best. My concern was that I read that you had 90psi in them when the info I read clearly states 65psi lbs. Max. It also states that same maximum psi(65lbs.) for the E (Load Range) 10 ply as well.
kwellock

Post by kwellock »

The difference being Load Range E's (90 psi) as opposed to Load Range D's (65 psi). I believe you read that information, but I think it's wrong. I believe the E indeed takes 90 psi. Please, don't take my word for it. Keep checking & make sure. I know my tires had 90 lbs in them and Kenda is denying my damage claim because they said I ran them under inflated, thus causing them to build up heat and separate. WRONG!
Luv5er

"tires"

Post by Luv5er »

You are right, I called and spoke with a guy named Roger from Kenda USA...I have the D Load Range and they carry a max of 65lbs. psi....but the E Load Range DOES carry an 80psi. Like I said, I just want to be sure on all this .....Heading to Florida in June......I feel for you and them not paying for the damage and the new tires....I just pray that doesn't happen to us....I will really watch how we load our 5er as well.
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

Well ordered the new Michelin's for mine today, ouch
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

Not trying to start a tire war here but went in today and had my new Michelin's put on. They did give me a whopping 50.00 for the Loadstars (brand new). I have been dealing with this tire shop for many years and one of the managers called me over to look at one of the Loadstar tires. I think the sidewalls are stiffer on my Wife's Camry! You could pull the beads almost straight out sideways. Then he had me try it with the Michelin's and you could hardly move it.

Again this is not to start a tire war, but thought it is info you should know. I am happy I spent the money if for nothing else peace of mind.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

Gordon Reid

Post by Gordon Reid »

Mike Clay wrote:Not trying to start a tire war here but went in today and had my new Michelin's put on. They did give me a whopping 50.00 for the Loadstars (brand new). I have been dealing with this tire shop for many years and one of the managers called me over to look at one of the Loadstar tires. I think the sidewalls are stiffer on my Wife's Camry! You could pull the beads almost straight out sideways. Then he had me try it with the Michelin's and you could hardly move it.

Again this is not to start a tire war, but thought it is info you should know. I am happy I spent the money if for nothing else peace of mind.
Mike. Are they Load Range E? 16"? What did it cost you. If they are, would you post the tire size and what it cost you?

I am planning to replace my Apache tires this year.

Thanks