Kenda Tires

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
woodlandrjs

Post by woodlandrjs »

Critterrenter... we are running the "Doran Pressure Pro" system. Do a Yahoo search and read up on them. Bought ours from a full-timer who advertises on Escapees web site... forgot the name, but if you let me know I'll go get it for you. Super easy to install... dont have to remove a tire to get it on. As soon as we can save the $$ we will put it on the tow too.
Sorry so late, but the boss said I HAD to go out of town for a couple days.
Bob and Linda
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

woodlandrjs wrote:Bought ours from a full-timer who advertises on Escapees web site... forgot the name, but if you let me know I'll go get it for you. Super easy to install... dont have to remove a tire to get it on.
I have the Escapees web site. Been thinking about joining. I'll look and see if I can find the ad. Thanks for the info. It does look like a good system to have.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Jetmech, I went with the Michelin XPS's and so far (only 3500 mi) very pleased. I did a lot of research and narrowed it down to XPS and top of line goodyears. As you are in San Antonio I recommend discount tire has them at decent price. I see from your profile you are retired, with a name like jetmech did you retire from aviation? Myself and critterenter are both in that field. Welcome to the club, might see you sometime as we spend some off-season time at Fredricksburg in your neck of the woods.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Jetmech

Post by Jetmech »

campswithcritters, thanks for the reply. Yea 45 years in avaition, 25 in the AF as a Jet mech and 20 years with Pratt & Whitney ACFT as a field rep. Glad to be in the retired ranks.....See ya down the road.
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

woodlandrjs wrote:Critterrenter... we are running the "Doran Pressure Pro" system.
How do you like this system?
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
woodlandrjs

Post by woodlandrjs »

Wayne and Peggy... you wrote asking of the "Pressure Pro" tire monitors,
"How do you like this system?"
We like it fine. Have not ever had a monitoring system before, so cant do a comparison. What we DO like is that you do NOT have to dismount a wheel to put it on.
Check it out.
Bob and Linda :):)
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Kenda Tires

Post by Don Wilson »

We recently had an experience with Kenda tires on California's rough roads! - Highway 80 over Donner Pass.

We were flagged over by a good Samaratin who thought our brakes were on fire. We pulled over and found that one of the tires was deflating and when it hit the road it blew up dirt which made it look like overheated brakes.

When we had the tire replaced, we found there was "separation" of the tread and bubbles on the inside of the tire.

We ended up replacing all five of the tires in case one of the others caused a problem. It was a great reflief to get the Kenda's off.

I want to pursue a refund from Kenda and am wondering if any others have been able to do this without cutting the DOT # off the tire. When I originally contacted Kenda they would not cover replacement of the tires since I am not the original owner. (Bought a used Cardinal)
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
yogi154

Post by yogi154 »

Hello to all
Well after doing all the steps with Kenda ,first I E-mailed then called took pictures sent a sales receipt for the Cardinal more e-mails was told that they pay $110 a tire , well better than a sharp stick in the eye I guess, so I get new tires . Then you have to cut the Dot ### out of the Kendas and mail them to Kenda . Two weeks go by more e-mails and Monday I received a check from them.I guess I had a good experience with them . Only because of no damage to the Bird I was lucky. The nite before I went for Tires I aired up all tires to 80 PSI . We went about 20 miles to get new one's . We lost 20 to 40 PSI from the nite before. Well the check comes Monday for $ 625 what gives ??? Hey don't ask don't tell Cash It My total time in dealing with Kenda was 7 weeks.

I asked Kenda Rep to visit this board to discuss the failed tires or the bad production run ### No reply
Rob & Cathy

Re: Welcome Jetmech

Post by Rob & Cathy »

CritterRenter wrote:I've got the Trailer Kings, but thinking about changing them out after the first trip. Hate to be on the side of the road, thinking it "could have been" a good trip.

And welcome to the club.
Just curious about why you want to change the Trailer Kings? We just got back from a trip from Tacoma WA. to Alta CA. in temperatures up to 112 degrees on the infamous California highways with no problems.

So far I haven't heard of any problems with the Trailer King tires. Hope I'm not missing something.

Rob
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

Rob,
Just a preferance. I have not heard of these tires before, and don't know anything about them. I had to change one tire today, but not the Trailer Kings fault. It has a nail in it. These are new tires, only about 1700 miles, so I ain't worried about them.
TwoPiggs

Post by TwoPiggs »

I'll add a footnote to this long thread.

We've still got the Kenda LoadStar's mounted with about 2,250 miles on them. During the last trip we drove 1,950 miles or so in mostly hot weather of 95+, but down to 37 in Wyoming. Altitudes of 2K to 11K. Our psi remained consistent the whole trip and stayed within 5 lbs above or below the 90 psi level. I don't have a temp gauge, but to-the-touch, they were all similar. We drove on gravel as well. Other than some inadvertent curb-banging (read: learning curve) no damage showing. There is no evidence of any need to replace them......BUT......

we listen to y'all pretty well and I suppose I'll replace with Michelin's next spring. All of us with Kenda's are probably thinking the same thing - how far do I go before there's a problem..... :? It's a question with no answer. Each on our own.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Twopiggs, Don't sweat it too much, I ran mine for over 12000 without a failure. I was very careful checking pressure and close visual inspection every day for evidence of impending problems. I did put on Michelin XPS Ribs recently, mostly because my rig's warranty is almost up and in case of failure didn't want to have an argument. This rig travels too much to risk that, for "normal" RV use I would recommend watching them carefully until it's convenient and budgeted in to change them.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

CritterRenter wrote:I have not heard of these tires before, and don't know anything about them. I had to change one tire today, but not the Trailer Kings fault. It has a nail in it. These are new tires, only about 1700 miles, so I ain't worried about them.
I know what you mean, I haven't heard of them either. I even tried an Internet search and found nothing. I'm not quite sure what to think of them other than they seem to be over rated for my trailer weight, which is fine by me.

Rob
JOE33060
Cardinal Owners: 2006 36-2BHLE

Post by JOE33060 »

I have a 2006 36-2BH and 1 tire is separating . I want to replace the tires before our trip. The trailer has KARRIER 235/85R16 tires. What is everyone replacing these with.
Joe and Cheryl
2006 36-2BHLE
2008 Ford F350 CC King Ranch
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Joe I think if you go back and read this thread you can see what most are doing.. I went with the Michelins.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers