Karrier Load Star Tires - FYI

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Chief409 wrote:I put the Michilen XPS tires on my trailer. As others have mentioned, LOTS more tread then the Load Stars (I kept one Load Star as the spare, so it is easy to compare). All the extra rubber means there is reduced clearance in the wheel wells. On the left rear (on the slide out) the plastic trim rubbed against the tire. Trimmed that, no futher problem. With the tires rated at 3042#, on a trailer with a MGVW of 12,400# and around 2000# on the hitch, I'll have the trailer overloaded before the tires are.

These tires arn't cheap at around $220 ea, however I think the trailer tows better in strong, gusty crosswinds (common condition driving in the Mojave), and with the peace of mind I have now, make them worth it for me. :D
I am approaching 30K miles on my XPS Ribs and best guess is they will make it to 60K mi. I will mile them out before 5 yr age. No failures and no problems yet. They will also go on the truck when needed. Weight on axles is 11,500 currently.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")