Bed frame separation

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
pharmocist
Cardinal Owners: 05 29le

Bed frame separation

Post by pharmocist »

This is my first post so bear with me if it is considered long winded.

I am the second owner of a Cardinal 5th Wheel. When I had my rig in for some service work the repair shop discovered that the staples that held the bed frame together had failed. This caused the slide out to buckle and twist preventing it to go out. I have only used the unit once for a two day stay. Upon contacting Forest River about this issue they are refusing to stand behind their work and are hiding behind "it is out of warranty". Has anyone else had problems like this?

Thanks for any advice or response.

Gary & Audrey
2005 29TS
2004 Dodge 3500 CTD
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

I have not heard of anyone having that problem. Sorry it is happening to you. Your post was not long winded and please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Maybe someone else here can help you more that I can :(
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

Gary, sorry to hear of your problems. Is it something you can fix? I'm going to go look at mine after it stops raining.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
pharmocist
Cardinal Owners: 05 29le

Post by pharmocist »

It's already been fixed by the dealer. I am now trying to get Forest River to make good. Which up until now they are saying no.
bstnbull

bed frame

Post by bstnbull »

You are right they run behind that out of warranty bling. i have a car 37rl and if they pull that crab with it will be the last product i'll buy from them.gulfstream did the same crab to me and a friend of mind.i will never buy another gulfstream and i will tell everyboby they are JUNk.forest rivers is suppose to be one of the best manf. around. i dont like hearing people having problems.i hope you get this resolve soon with them.
woodlandrjs

Post by woodlandrjs »

Pharmocist... sorry you are having that problem. Our unit isnt very old, so we have not had any problems. Thanks for the heads-up though, we will be watching closly in the future.
Good luck with FR.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

I will say again...there is not a "brand" out there that is perfect. No matter which one you have, there will be someone that hates it or the manufacturer. Have you ever asked someone about a certain doctor?? I have, some people loved him, others said they wouldn't take their dog to him. You can do that with just about any product and you get the same love/hate situation. My daughter and son in law took off for Texas Wednesday in their toy hauler fifth wheel...about an hour later...here they come...the rubber roof had started peeling back!! Out of warranty and rubber roof people say installation problem....it is NOT a Forest River product.

So...lets try to focus on what we really like about our birds, and the feeling we get when we are planning a trip, then actually heading out on the highway to see this beautiful country!!

Like CampsWithCritters and Mike....they say they work, but every time I log on they headed out on another trip. Jeff is keepin a tally on them...they don't know we are on to them so shhhhhhhh.....
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Luizianna wrote:So...lets try to focus on what we really like about our birds, and the feeling we get when we are planning a trip, then actually heading out on the highway to see this beautiful country!!

Like CampsWithCritters and Mike....they say they work, but every time I log on they headed out on another trip. Jeff is keepin a tally on them...they don't know we are on to them so shhhhhhhh.....
Linda, I would not really call my "job", work. I just show up and spend 13 hours a day for a month answering questions and sitting in front of a computer screen doing scheduling and budgeting (with the occasional check of the Cardinal website). Then they send me home for a month and send me money. Can't ask for much more, please notice my travels really are only half the time, so if being "on to me" makes you happy, I am thrilled. Meeting all these members on this trip reminds me that I have not yet set foot in your area, so watch out! :lol: Should I stop by one of these days or would waiting till Feb in Fredricksburg add to the mystery? :D
I have either been extremely lucky or my own process of inspection and quick fix prevention is working, as I am very happy with this rig. My last one was entry level construction and had major flaws and taught me to watch carefully for impending problems. Almost 24,000 mi in 13 months so far.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Sor;ry for highjacking the thread all....was making a joke....

Pharmocist, am so glad you got your slide fixed. Hope you have many many years of happy camping!!
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Pharmocist, Am also glad it is fixed and the bird should give many trouble-free years. Linda, no offence taken lets keep on pushin fun at each other! :D
Last edited by campswithcritters on Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
david_iona

Post by david_iona »

Just an note on how well I have been treated by Forest River this past couple of weeks. The motor on the fifth wheel legs quit working and I was approx one month out of warranty on my two year warranty. I called the Forest River Warranty office and explained my problem. They stated that if I was willing to do the work myself they would send me a new motor after I mailed the old motor to them. It takes less than a minute to remove/install the motor and I agreed to do the work. My new motor arrived yesterday and all is well. Forest River, and I am sure other manufacturers, have limits they can work within and try to help when they can. Not every situation is as easy to correct as mine but I thought an "atta-boy" was in order on my recent "warranty" repair. Happy Trailering and Be Safe.
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Yep these companies all have their good points and bad ones. bstnbull said he would never buy another Gulfstream product. Heck best trailer I have ever owned was my Seahawk. Let Star get involved with your Dodge truck and see what happens. :( Point is this is what makes the world go round people like Fords, Dodges, GMC, Cardinals, Alfas and even Gulfstreams lol. All these companies have happy and unhappy customers.

Now with that said lets try to get this poor thread back on track. :D
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers