Watch these doors!!

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
tug911

watch the doors

Post by tug911 »

We open our dinette slide and the front trim piece on the slide caught on the door handle of the top cabinet and pulled the trim piece right off. Just about hit my wife in the head. I took the handles off and left the flat piece on the cabinet and just plugged the holes with a brushed colored plug to match the flat piece. Replaced the trim piece and all is well now! It justed seemed that the slide came really close to those handles, and I don't store anything in that cabinet anyway.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

I put velcro on all my drawers in the kitchen, we had a problem with only one that kept coming open during travel, so I velcro'd them all. I might just do that with those doors close to the slides too. Lord knows I've already jammed walkie talkies and my laptop in the slide, got a slipper caught up in it too :( . Hopefully I've learned by now to look around good before engaging the slides!!
Lil'Darlin1972

Post by Lil'Darlin1972 »

I was soooo nervous about letting the slides in this weekend (our first trip). I triple checked everything to make sure nothing was in the way !! I can see how easy it would be to overlook something with 4 slides.

We don't have slide awnings (I don't remember that being an option). I noticed several other manufacturers at the CG this weekend that had them. My dh just climbed up on the 5th wheel and swept off the slides before we brought them in.
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

Another thing to watch for is pets (and small kids). We used to show cats, and at one of the shows we talked to a couple who had lost their cat while operating the slides.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Remember to check the storage tray under the bed, if the one screw holding it in place comes out, the tray will move toward the slide wall and items will/can fall on the floor and interrupt the slide.