NEW Cardinal owner comming up

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Diesel Dave 04
Cardinal Owners: 2007 36-2BH

NEW Cardinal owner comming up

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

I ordered my new cardinal lastnight :D Now comes the long wait. :(
I found this club and had to jump abord. :D
The bad thing is It will be in just in time to store it away for winter :(
Im sure i will have some questions for you fine fokes in the near future
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

Welcome to the club! You will find a wealth of information on this site. Congratulations on your new bird :) We love ours.

We ordered it late Sept 2005 and got it in Nov 05. Happy Trails.
romantraveler
Cardinal Owners: 2002 Cardinal LX

Post by romantraveler »

Welcome aboard, I'm a new member also and really enjoy the forum. Congrat's on your new bird.

RT
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Glad you found us and joined!! Welcome aboard. Hey...be sure and order a Club Flag! It should come in before the Bird does and that will make the wait seem a little shorter..??? Maybe??? lol

Glad to have ya and ask how ever many questions you want!!
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

Ditto's on what everybody else has said. Welcome to the club. I hope you will keep us informed on your travels. This is a great bunch of people, so take the fun, and have a good time.
Happy Camping!
wild acres

New Cardinal

Post by wild acres »

Wecome to the club Diesel Dave 04. As all the others have said, its a great club, and were glad to have you aboard. Congradulations again on the new bird. Oh, before I forget it, make sure your bird has good tires on, not china tires. John
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Welcome Diesel Dave :D
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
Diesel Dave 04

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

Mike Clay wrote:Welcome Diesel Dave :D
Thanks to all for the welcome. You guys do seem like a great bunch.
Three questions with my unit i have now I only have 5 1/2" bed rail clearence.
My 04.5 Dodge 3500 DRW sets up there, How do the cardinals set on the dodge trucks. Im hopeing i will have a little more room with this one I did bump my bed rail once with the set up i have now.

With a vent type dryer where do you guys put the vent?
and do they make a tight 90* for where it hooks to the dryer?
Mine sets with it's back facing the outside wall now and the vent goes stright out. The 36-2BH it sets where my vent will be facing an inside wall and i would need a tight 90* to send it to the right side wall.

Does any one have a link to the PDI check list i heard about on RV.net

Sorry the mind is going a mile a min from now untill it comes in.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Diesel Dave 04 wrote: Three questions with my unit i have now I only have 5 1/2" bed rail clearence.
My 04.5 Dodge 3500 DRW sets up there, How do the cardinals set on the dodge trucks. Im hopeing i will have a little more room with this one I did bump my bed rail once with the set up i have now.

With a vent type dryer where do you guys put the vent?
and do they make a tight 90* for where it hooks to the dryer?
Mine sets with it's back facing the outside wall now and the vent goes stright out. The 36-2BH it sets where my vent will be facing an inside wall and i would need a tight 90* to send it to the right side wall.

Does any one have a link to the PDI check list i heard about on RV.net

Sorry the mind is going a mile a min from now untill it comes in.
Welcome Diesel Dave. I also have a DRW Dodge (05) and have about 7 inches rail clearance with the trailer riding level. Mine is 2WD so not a real tall one. My Cardinal had plenty of pinbox adjustment holes to pick from to get it level and wound up well. It has 2 inches more than my previous 5th wheel (a KZ product), and yes I hit left rear rail with that one also.
On the dryer situation make sure you get a vented model that uses heat such as the Splendide 2100S. Vented does not always mean heated (an expensive lesson of mine). Yes my vent has pretty tight bends (two 90* bends) but seems to work just fine. I will be cleaning it out twice a year as these things have no lint traps. Vent location was decided for me by Cardinal, it had a sticker on the wall saying put vent here and a target for the hole saw center point.
Hope that helps.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Diesel Dave 04

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

Bruce, Thanks Mine is a 4X4 I hope i can get 7 inches when level.
as for the dryer I will be useing the one i have now that is a hot air dryer. I gues they put the vent up high so if you use a stackable the vent is up top. My dryer has a lint trap at the exh outlet and it does clog up all the time.
One other thing I didnt look at, Does the 36-2BH have a TV cable hook up in the storage area for outside TV use?
Dave
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
fix 7.3 , 6.0 AND now 6.4s Powerstroke diesels.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Dave, Can't help you with the cable question as I only have the little 34TS LX model, in 05 when I was shopping I never saw one that did have one in the compartment, however I have a cable outlet on the curb side. If a feller wanted to it would be real easy to coil up a cable next to the TV in storage area after use.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Diesel Dave 04

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

Bruce, You say you are programed? what are you running and how is it working?
Im running a SP Power box. I run level 2 when towing and 5 unloaded.
I did install a 1400 stall converter It helped put the super torque to the ground.
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

I'm using Pacific Performance. It has 4 modes of programing, Stock, Tow, High Performance, and Super. Considering I am running stock drive train, I have never used any of the performance modes. In the Tow mode, pulling in the Rockies @ Monarch Pass, I had no problems. I sure would not want to go any faster :!:
It will also give you error codes for the "Check Engine" light. I think Bruce is using the same programmer.
Diesel Dave 04

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

CritterRenter wrote:I'm using Pacific Performance. It has 4 modes of programing, Stock, Tow, High Performance, and Super. Considering I am running stock drive train, I have never used any of the performance modes. In the Tow mode, pulling in the Rockies @ Monarch Pass, I had no problems. I sure would not want to go any faster :!:
It will also give you error codes for the "Check Engine" light. I think Bruce is using the same programmer.
Ernie Are you auto trans?
I cant wait to see how the new asian tranny works I think if they get a good tranny behind the cummins it will be un stoppable.
dont get me wrong the 48RE is holding up well but i dont like the way they keep the converter unlocked untill 48-50 MPH it just seems like it builds to much heat in stop and go traffic.
Are you running gauges?
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

I've got the 6 speed stick now. I had an '02 with the 47RE, and had some problems with it. (A long story, but I was concerned, maybe my fault) So I wanted the 6-speed & 3.73 gears that was not available for the '02.
I'm an old fogey, and would prefer the auto, but I've been jamming gears all my life, and feel more comfortable with the stick. I hope Dodge gets an Auto tranny that will handle the Cummins, but I probably have the last truck I will buy. If I do buy again, I'll stick with the Cummins, and hopefully an auto that can handle it.
I always keep my eye on the boost, and EGT gage. Too much money invested not to. Especially with the programing, without mods to the exhaust, it can get hot quick.
Check out ATS Diesel, they may have a torque converter to help with your concerns. I was thinking about them, but decided on the '05.
I don't know if this is any help, but I hope to see you on the road. We can get real technical with an adult beverage!