NEW Cardinal owner comming up

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

I am running same programmer as Ernie (PPE), and also don't mess with the higher than tow mode settings. Boost and EGT gauges watched constantly, although with the Banks Exhaust you really have to work at it to get the EGT above 1250 (pre-turbo). I have the 4.10 gears and 6 speed stick. In general I am happy with the programmer and just leave it in tow mode pulling or empty. The only complaint I have with it is that I definitely get black smoke puffs (big) when shifting at altitude. That is likely due to the fact I have not done anything to the intake, and really don't want to invest more in this truck.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

Welcome Diesel Dave and Romantraveler.
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
Lil'Darlin1972

Re: NEW Cardinal owner comming up

Post by Lil'Darlin1972 »

Diesel Dave 04 wrote:I ordered my new cardinal lastnight :D Now comes the long wait. :(
I found this club and had to jump abord. :D
The bad thing is It will be in just in time to store it away for winter :(
Im sure i will have some questions for you fine fokes in the near future
Hello..I know what you mean. We ordered ours and it took about 5 weeks to get it !! We just went out this past weekend for the first time and loved it. We have 2 more Halloween themed weekend trips planned for later this month and then we will be winterizing it until spring break !! I hope you enjoy your new RV when it comes in !! :D
Diesel Dave 04
Cardinal Owners: 2007 36-2BH

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

Well the New Bird showed up at the dealer Friday, :D :D the DW and I went up and took a look, Found a few things that need attention, My DW is a ICU nurse and with the ICU unit real busy the first time she can get off is the 21st, (well she is off this monday but they cant have it ready that fast.) So it is set for PDI 10 AM the 21st :D Time is near Just a little longer. I love the way the HYD slides work so smooth. and we are really happy we opped to have the Carpet removed from the kitchen and living area. Cant wait to use it I know the power dust pan will be nice with the extra lino.
Sorry I just had to talk about it LOL
Dave
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
fix 7.3 , 6.0 AND now 6.4s Powerstroke diesels.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Well congratulations Dave!! Now let the fun and making memories begin!!
Diesel Dave 04

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

I have a feeling it is going to be a slow moving day for me today, This is my last day to wait My PDI is 10am tomorrow :D I have my trade all cleaned out and ready to go.
:D :D :D
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

:lol: Oh Happy Day! But I know how you feel, we couldn't wait. In fact we went to the dealership BEFORE the PDI and walked around and oohed and awed..then came back a few days later for the PDI and to hook it up! It is a great unit. Have fun!
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Well Dave...the wait is almost over!!! Try to get a good nights sleep so you'll be fresh and alert for the PDI. I know how excited you are!! Even tho we've had ours 2 years now, we can relive that excitement thru you guys getting your new rig. Then the new excitement every time you plan a trip, we still get that thrill....lol Have fun and come tell us about how it went!!
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

Diesel Dave, when we walked into our dealer with the printed out PDI sheet they almost FELL OVER! Apparantly they don't get many buyers who are as informed as we were about what to check. I had notes about the Kenda tires (we ended up with Karrier Loadstars) and all the problems with them, and about refrigerator drain tube (to check) and several other things that I had gleaned from this and the other Cardinal site. They were quite impressed with our knowledge.
When we walked into our unit, it took my breath away, just like it had when I walked into the model when we first saw this floorplan in Jacksonville Fla. STILL feel that way about it when I go into it after it has been sitting for a week or so.
Would love to see pix of the inside when you get it home and decked out! Congrats and sleep fast tonight!!!!! Donna
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

lol...I have to agree with Donna, we still go out and sit in ours and just look around and enjoy just being in it. Come on February!!

Yes, we want pics!!
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

Diesel Dave.
I hope everything went well during your PDI and you are enjoying Thanksgiving dinner in the new Bird!!!
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Ok Dave....it's been a couple of days now...you keeping us in suspense!! Or have you not gotten out of it long enuff to see the rest of the world? lol Don't forget...we want some pics!!

(His chest is probably so swoll up he can't fit back out the door!!)

Have fun and enjoy it!!
Diesel Dave 04

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

Im here, the PDI went well There was 2 things we seen on are pre insp. that was stll not taken care of but, they took care of it right then and there.
1 outstanding issue is the front bathroom sink has a chip in it and one is on order.
I thought i had most of the stuff out of my old unit but there was more in it then we thought when we started swaping things :?

It worked well backing in my driveway I was worried it would hit the drive before the tires started to go up it but it cleared :D I been working on it in the driveway. Today I made a shelf for the TV in the Bunk room. I have to get stain tomorrow to stain it, I wanted a small slot for a DVD under the Kids TV so Im adding a shelf for the TV.

In my Deal I kept my TV and DVD surround sound unit, so what I did was I put my Coby surround sound unit in and hooked it to the 5 living room speekers then left the bedroom speekers on (B) and the outside speekers on(C) of the unit that it came with it AM/FM/CD that was easyer then I thought.

I installed my space saver Coffee pot.
We are getting there, once I have it all set up I will put in away till March.

PS: the DW and Kids and I are going to sleep in it tomorrow night in the driveway and have a camp fire in the back yard Just to say we tryed it once.

One change I see coming is I need to space the red light on the pass side rear corner out away from the unit about 1.5 to 2 inches. With the awing on that side it blocks the light and I cant see where the end of the trailer is in my mirror. That drives me crazy :?

We just sit in it and smile :D , the DW said she loves it and every time she says that I smile. :D
Dutch & Di

New Arrival

Post by Dutch & Di »

Congrats Dave.
Glad your "baby" finally arrived. A campout in the driveway--what a great idea!! Diana
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Congrats Dave, glad you are all happy about it. I think it's time to change your signature at bottom of posts as it still says "on order"!
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")