Extended Warranties

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
poweredbytheholyghost

Extended Warranties

Post by poweredbytheholyghost »

We just purchased our Cardinal 36TS. After the signing, they offered us the extended warranties (four of them) at a total cost of $7,000. That sounds very outragaeous to us.
Does anyone know of any "alternatives" to getting these type warranties at a more reasonable cost.
Thank you
Al Viscardi
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Extra Warranty

Post by Olbird »

Make sure your Dealer gives you the information for the extra one year warranty from FR at a $100.00 cost to you.

For $ 7,000 they better give you your privite RV handy man to ride in the lower compartment year round.

JMO I think those type of sale pitches would make me back out of the total deal.

I just purchased the same unit with almost every option available from FR for a wholesale price.
PM me and we can talk.

Thanks George:
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
Pez

Ext Warranty

Post by Pez »

New member here, purchased fiver the first of the year. We purchased a 84 month ext warranty for $1995.00. For customer info call, Easy Care 800-538-4181. Have a $50.00 deductible per visit. If you are interested send me a e-mail and I will send you a list of all items covered. First post
do not mean to step on anyone. Just passing on info I think might be helpful.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Check this link: http://www.rvprotection.net/. Got my seven year extended warranty from them for $700.00 and it includes $50.00 deductible. I compared what this company offered with the extended warranties sold by two local dealers and went with RV Protection as it provides the same coverage. The seven years started at the conclusion of the one year warranty on my bird. The dealer I bought the bird from did not offer the second year warranty.
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

At the risk of being the lone dissenting voice here I would suggest putting that money in the bank and using it as necessary for any non-covered items. That way when you don't use the money, and chances are you won't, it's' still yours. JMO

Don't forget to send in your warranty cards for the other items such as the refrigerator, air-conditioner and awning.

Rob
BB_TX

Post by BB_TX »

I have never been a fan of extended warranties. They are a huge profit center for those who sell them. And they rarely pay for themselves. At 61 yrs old, I have purchased a lot of things over the years. Only bought 1 vehicle extended warranty. Used it one time to cover a repair that costs a little less than the warranty cost me. No other major repairs on any vehicle have been needed within the time frame of an extended warranty. If I had bought warranties on everything, I would have been out a LOT of money.
As Rob said, for every warranty you could have bought, put that money in a savings account. You will have a nice little bankroll if something should happen and it will still be yours if nothing does happen. I understand some people just prefer the peace of mind of having something covered if needed. To each his own.
poweredbytheholyghost

thank you all

Post by poweredbytheholyghost »

BB_TX wrote:I have never been a fan of extended warranties. They are a huge profit center for those who sell them. And they rarely pay for themselves. At 61 yrs old, I have purchased a lot of things over the years. Only bought 1 vehicle extended warranty. Used it one time to cover a repair that costs a little less than the warranty cost me. No other major repairs on any vehicle have been needed within the time frame of an extended warranty. If I had bought warranties on everything, I would have been out a LOT of money.
As Rob said, for every warranty you could have bought, put that money in a savings account. You will have a nice little bankroll if something should happen and it will still be yours if nothing does happen. I understand some people just prefer the peace of mind of having something covered if needed. To each his own.
thank you all for all the info. It has given us a lot to think about, but also has pointed us in the right direction for sure.
Al
brntblock
Cardinal Owners: 2006 31-2BH LE

Re: Extended Warranties

Post by brntblock »

poweredbytheholyghost wrote:We just purchased our Cardinal 36TS. After the signing, they offered us the extended warranties (four of them) at a total cost of $7,000. That sounds very outrageous to us.
Does anyone know of any "alternatives" to getting these type warranties at a more reasonable cost.
Thank you
Al Viscardi
Hi Al,

I purchased the 7YR extended warranty from my dealer for $1995.00 with a $100.00 deductible ($50.00 if I bring it back to the original dealer)
If I don't use the warranty I get the money back less taxes. I figured just replacing the fridge could be $2-$3K.

I like the peace of mind especially with all the electronics in these rigs that are subjected to vibration, bumps and temperature swings.

If I have a problem when I'm on the road they pay for towing, hotel and any out of pocket expenses caused by the failure.

In my opinion $7000.00 is a little excessive :shock: :shock:
Brent Block
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2006 31-2BH LE, Merlot Int.
2003 Chevy 2500HD/LT Duramax
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/b ... 01_IMG.jpg
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

We bought the 7 year along with a similar tire warranty. The one we got also has the 50 dollar deductable. The thing that sold me on the whole deal was that if I don't use it in the 7 years the total cost of the coverage is refunded. That was the deal maker.
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!