Cleaning the toilet

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Luizianna

Cleaning the toilet

Post by Luizianna »

Last week when the RV Tech was here changing out the seals in the toilet he asked me what did I use to clean it. I told him I use 409. He told me that some cleaners were not good for the seals as it dried them out. He then said the best way to clean the bowl and the sensors was Dawn dishwashing liquid. Just thought I'd pass this info around. And while we are on the subject of Dawn detergent..lol I was putting ant poison out the other day...they are taking over the yard. I went on into my daughters yard and there were no ant piles!! None...Nada Now there is a big field between her house and ours...full of ant homes. I was pickin on son in law about him throwin them over this way...He said "nope, I used Dawn dishwashing soap on the ones over here" He also went around the outside of the house and now doesn't have them inside. I'm going to buy about 6 big bottles of it today!! lol
Lil'Darlin1972

Re: Cleaning the toilet

Post by Lil'Darlin1972 »

Luizianna wrote:Last week when the RV Tech was here changing out the seals in the toilet he asked me what did I use to clean it. I told him I use 409. He told me that some cleaners were not good for the seals as it dried them out. He then said the best way to clean the bowl and the sensors was Dawn dishwashing liquid. Just thought I'd pass this info around. And while we are on the subject of Dawn detergent..lol I was putting ant poison out the other day...they are taking over the yard. I went on into my daughters yard and there were no ant piles!! None...Nada Now there is a big field between her house and ours...full of ant homes. I was pickin on son in law about him throwin them over this way...He said "nope, I used Dawn dishwashing soap on the ones over here" He also went around the outside of the house and now doesn't have them inside. I'm going to buy about 6 big bottles of it today!! lol
Thanks for the tip. I am adding it to my grocery list right now !!
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

That is a good tip! I'll remember that. Thanks Linda
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

Thanks for sharing!
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Thanks Linda its about time for our ant problem to start up. :(
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
walmor
Cardinal Owners: 2007 29RKLE

Dawn Detergent (Liquid)

Post by walmor »

OK, I know this is not about RV"ing but since you are on the subject of Dawn Detergent, I have also found a unique use for this slippery stuff.
I use it to SHAVE with every morning. A small amount rubbed into the stubble before applying shaving cream and the blade just slides the stubble away.

Clean shaven Walt.
Wally and Linda Morton
2007 29RKLE
2004.5 Dodge QC 2500