Need help with MAJOR water leaks!!!!!!!

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
OregonGuy

Post by OregonGuy »

i have to agree with the other posts that have been repeated here. i have spoken to rod batts several times. he is a busy guy and you have to take that into consideration but he has always gone well out his way to help me. great guy, give him a chance and call him. maybe he can suggest an alternate place. i have bugged the heck out of the poor guy (whenever i want to add some new gadget to my fifth wheel i always get some input from him--i must have called him three or four times on one day when i drilled through my roof to install a satellite dish) and he has always been helpful and very polite.

now i too have been told by my dealer the cardinal is very strict about warranty time periods, but you know the date it ends and have time to make the contacts to get it taken care of.
retdon

Post by retdon »

We had a bedroom slide leak when we first got our bird. When we called the dealer to see what to do(we were in Idaho and he was in Florida), they told us how to adjust the slide. We adjusted the slide and our leak was gone.
With the slides out, take your finger and go all around the inside edges of the slide where they meet the inside walls, the fit should be so tight you can not get anything between the inside wall and the slide seal. Good Luck,
WP903

Post by WP903 »

retdon wrote:We had a bedroom slide leak when we first got our bird. When we called the dealer to see what to do(we were in Idaho and he was in Florida), they told us how to adjust the slide. We adjusted the slide and our leak was gone.
With the slides out, take your finger and go all around the inside edges of the slide where they meet the inside walls, the fit should be so tight you can not get anything between the inside wall and the slide seal. Good Luck,
Do you have instructions on how to adjust the slides?
retdon

Post by retdon »

Sorry we do not have instructions. Our dealer was on the phone telling my husband what to do. We had to take the plywood out from under the bed and that was a headache but we got it out and put it back.
The adjustment was by turning something. Sorry we could not be more help, your dealer should know how to do this. I know Forest River knows how. Good luck, Linda
WP903

Post by WP903 »

OK, I will contact Forrest River - my dealer no longer deals in Cardinals nor would I value any of it's information.

Thanks.
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

WP, check out Lippert @:
http://www.lci1.com/Service%20Owners%20 ... ut-Web.pdf
This may help you out.
rvlost

Re: Update.......about the water leak......

Post by rvlost »

thebartrums wrote: I wish the RV Shop in Manassas could look at my unit - but they told me that they were not taking any new customers - SO I AM STUCK WITH MCGEORGE's.......I have tried SEVERAL AVENUES - such as an independent technician - and they would not touch the unit - because McGeorge's touched it first.
Bartrums,

I have heard that Reines in Manassas, VA is not taking new customers who didn't purchase there. We just had a few repairs done at Restless Wheelsin Manassas - including replacing a water pump that was under warranty. Everything was fixed well and right on schedule -- even over the Thanksgiving holiday. They are not a Cardinal dealer, but they do carry some other Forest River products. It is a much smaller place than Reines, but we have been very happy with their service -- I have heard nothing but horror stories about service at McGeorge's. You might want to call and see if they would be willing to work on it under warranty -- they were willing to do ours.
vernkathy

Cardinal Water Leaks

Post by vernkathy »

I ran into someone in this park with the same problem, he never did find a fix...I had the same unit and had no water problems...couldn't heat the unit when it got cold but no water leaks... are you sure its not condinsation we had a real problem with that.... the slide ceilings would condinsate very badly and so did the cabnets on the inside... always thought they must have pluged the roof vents... anyway I would suggest you contact the staff at Trailer Life... they love this stuff and they seem to get action and things corrected... good luck