When to use?

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
ratherbcamping

When to use?

Post by ratherbcamping »

When should I turn on the switch for the heated tanks? How cold should it be before I need to worry?
WP903

Post by WP903 »

They are themostatically controlled. Turn on the switches if you think it is going below 45 degrees. I believe they kick in at 42 degrees.
roger5438
Cardinal Owners: 05 30WBLE

When to use

Post by roger5438 »

See post under "cardinal Schematics" pg 8 & 9 are about the tank heaters including operating instructios. Also a precaution THERE MUST BE LIQIUD IN THE TANKS !! The prints are for a 30TS , but i'm sure tank heaters are the same on all models. roger
Roger & Sandy
Anchorage, AK
'05 30WBLE w/TrailAir Pinbox & Centerpoint suspension
'06 Ford PSD 4x4
ONAN 4300 Watt gen in tv
ratherbcamping

Another question on the tanks

Post by ratherbcamping »

Which tanks are heated? Grey water? Black water? Fresh water? Is there any way we can tell without opening up underbelly of the trailer? It is getting cool at night here, but we don't want to winterize until after our trip next weekend!
WP903

Post by WP903 »

If you have two switches, all four tanks should be heated. Your dealer should be able to tell you.

Uh, why winterize? Camp all winter! Never a problem getting into a campground, unless it is not open or is covered in a foot of snow - but we are Cardinal Owners and we are resourceful. :lol:
ratherbcamping

Post by ratherbcamping »

So if there is only one switch, which tanks are heated? I'm afraid temps are going to drop below freezing tonight -- it's already down to 37 degrees. And of course it's too late to try to call the dealer now!
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

Post by Shields »

They are all heated and thermostatically controlled. Just have some fluid in the tanks and turn them on. but if you have heat going, don't sweat 37. we have been down to 10 degrees with no ill effects, other than the propane running like water.
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

I wish I new which ones were really heated. F.R. tells me that only my fresh water tank is heated, dealer says all are. The only thing I know for sure is you do have to have fluid in them to heat them.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers