Covering RV

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Sneakypete & Cowgirl

Covering RV

Post by Sneakypete & Cowgirl »

OK someone talk to us!!LOL I have been thinking about covering our Bird too. I have done a little reading that addresses the movement of a cover wearing the paint. Living in KS there would be lots of movement. I hate the thought of leaving it out all winter in the weather but we have our house for sale and plan to move. So, until we get settled in a new place (which could be a year or more) there is not choice of getting a building for it. There isn't even a place close by where I can rent a storage building. The only local one isn't tall enough. Has anyone been covering theirs and if so what brand or style of cover did you purchase?
Okiebeachbums

Post by Okiebeachbums »

I have read posts in other forums saying that covering is not the best idea in a windy local such as yours and mine. I'm sure many people are covering their rigs and having no problems at all. I will say that these are very tough Birds, we full timed in ours for 11 months all the while uncovered and since have only had her in covered RV storage 1 year out of 3 since buying new. The finish and rubber roof still look great, I wouldn't worry much about her sitting out for a year or two. :D
We only start worrying when the weatherman mentions HAIL :shock:

Hope I have not rambled to much :roll:
Sneakypete & Cowgirl

Post by Sneakypete & Cowgirl »

Thanks for the information. Guess we'll just let it sit and try not to worry about it!