Booth Dinnette

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
tug911

Booth Dinnette

Post by tug911 »

Does anybody have any pictures of there unit with the Booth Dinette instead of the table and chairs? We have a 2006 30TS and we were thinking of changing the table and chairs to the booth Dinette. I would like to hear both pro's and con's. If you have any pictures, could you e-mail them to me so I can show my wife?
Thanks,
Mike
King27

Post by King27 »

If you do a search on RVSearch.com and RVTraderonline.com, you should be able to find many pic's.

It does seem to be an expensive way to lower the value of your unit.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

I wouldn't regard changing from a table and chairs set to a booth dinette "lowering the value" of a unit. We have the booth dinette and chose it, on purpose f0r storage and extra sleeping space if the grandkids want to go with us. We have thought about changing to the table and chairs and may do so in the future, but have heard it is a pain to have to tie the chairs to keep them from moving during transit.. There are pro's and con's with either option and you just have to go with what suits your needs best. I do use the seat storage for my larger appliances, electric skillets, crock pots, etc My electric skillets will slide out thru the little door on the end and I don't even have to move the cushions and board to get to them.
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

Mike, We ordered out our 2007 RKLE with the booth/table setup, as I wanted to use the underseat for storage of my canned goods. I put bins under there and just slide out the bins to retrieve cans. We are currently changing the table a bit, however. We find that the table is not quite wide enough for 2 dinner plates to be placed, and also with 4 people eating it was a bit tight elbow-wise. We will never use the table in the dropped down position as a bed, so hubby is putting a wider band of oak on the edges of the table (adding 3" all around) and we have removed the 2 chrome legs and he has turned an oak leg to put nearer the edge of the table and the wall edge will be attached directly to the wall. He just finished the leg a couple of days ago, and I still have to stain and varnish it before he attaches it.
We realized that with the table, the outside person STILL would have to get up from a seated position for the inside person to get out ( couch and wall in the way) and needed the extra underseat storage that the benches provide. I feel that we made a good choice for US. We are not worried about resale years down the road!
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
Diesel Dave 04
Cardinal Owners: 2007 36-2BH

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

I think it depens alot on the floor plan if it adds ar lowers resale On a bunk house where people have kids and want the extra sleeping room I would think it would add to resale but on a rearliving I guess it may drag it down.
I went with the booth cause I has a table and 4 chairs before and it was a pain straping them down every time I moved. but then again if i was going to live in it and not move so much I may think diffent.
I think it comes down to what you want at that very min. LOL
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
fix 7.3 , 6.0 AND now 6.4s Powerstroke diesels.
ratherbcamping

Post by ratherbcamping »

We had a booth in the Wildcat but the new Cardinal has a table & chairs. We don't have to strap them down -- they slide into a special spot in the table legs for travel. It's really pretty easy once you know how! Since the table has a small extension, we find it much roomier than the booth. We also find it much more comfortable as extra seating while watching TV than the booth ever was! Yes, you definitely lose storage, but we seemed to have no problem absorbing the needed items (and weeding out those we really weren't using)! There is a little storage in the chair -- enough to keep the deck of cards, paper & pen in one (for DH & DS to play their game of cards in the evening) and my Weight Watchers stuff in another. We're really happy with the table, and wouldn't want to go back to the booth.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Had the booth in my former unit and the table and chairs in my Cardinal and will never go back. As stated before the chairs attach to the table (no strapping). Much more comfort and adaptability, as for storage now that I am prepping for full-timing, more storage would put me too close to weight limit ( with the DWs help of course). Also having less available bed space is a plus to me as I prefer to have 4 or less on board for sleeping, don't have a rig "rent a cabin".
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

Bruce, I think with the bigger unit, I would want the chairs/table arrangement as well. You have TONS more storage right now than we do in ours.!! I don't have the pantry. Maybe someday! Donna
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

I think the booth is more practical, especially with a family, but the table and chairs are more elegant. We actually removed two of the chairs then turn the table sideways so it fits against the wall under the window. The way we position the chairs during travel they don't move at all.

Rob
Lil'Darlin1972

Post by Lil'Darlin1972 »

We opted for the tables and chairs option because my dh is not a little guy and figured it would be roomier than the booth. When we get to the CG we take about 30 seconds and unscrew the legs from the table and pull it out a little into the room. This way we have more room for playing cards or eating. We can actually pull it all the way out and fit 7 people around the table when we need to.

I do like the look of the booths and we may end up going that route one day.