Clogged Toilet

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Fiverfyrmn

Clogged Toilet

Post by Fiverfyrmn »

On several occasions the drain pipe connecting the toilet to the black tank has clogged up on our 2001 29RKLE fiver. Most of the time I unclogged it with a plunger, but I had to use a snake a couple of times.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do to prevent reoccurances?

Is anyone familiar with how the drain is routed to the black tank? I know it passes through the storage cabinet just forward of the entry door and it has a 45 degree ell visible in the cabinet. What I am not sure of is how long the pipe is and where it enters the black tank.

Any help would be appreciated!
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

We've never had this problem. Almost sounds like there is something in the pipe.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Not to say it never happens between the toilet and the tank but usually the clog is from the tank out. Like was said in the previous post there must be something in the pipe. Have not really looked at this trailer but in my last 5er it was a straight shot to the tank.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

We had a friend with a Keystone Cougar that had the same problem with the toilet itself clogging somewhere between it and the tank. It took several trips to the dealer to figure out, but the final cause was that the pipe down into the tank had been left too long, and so the clearance between the bottom of the pipe and the tank was too small for things to flow into the tank as they should have. Not sure all if that's what is going on, or if that's even possible with the way our tanks are configurated, but thought I'd throw it out there.