concertone problems

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
gary diane

concertone problems

Post by gary diane »

Hello all. We have an 07 34ts cardinal which has a concertone sound system. This unit has am/fm cd dvd mp3 tv weather band build in and also has 2 input jacks. What we are trying to do is play music from our computer thru the speakers of the trailer. The jacks coming off the computer are standard vhs/dvd/stereo type, red white & yellow...right left & video which I've plugged into and switched in all possible obvious combinations( except the right one). The dealership salesman and servicemen say it should work. I've contacted tech advice from the manufacture Forest River who were no help.I'd like to know if it is possible and how or why it isn't before I frustrate myself and others trying to do the impossible. It would be very good if it would work since all of our cds are in the computer and the originals are frozen back in Canada. Hope someone can help and thanks in advance for your time. gary & diane
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

I probably have a different model Concertone than you do, but I have had no problems. I can play music from my laptop, or internet streaming audio. Haven't tried video, my laptop doesn't have the video output.
I just have the audio patch cables from 'puter to AV input panel on the wall next to TV. I also use it for XM. There is a switch on the AV panel, for AV1 or AV2.
I think I am one of the few that has not had problems with the Concertone. Wish you luck.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

gary diane, Welcome to the club! Thanks for checking us out and joining! We look forward to getting acquainted with you.

We are family oriented and kid friendly and we look forward to hearing about your camping adventures.
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

Yeah, I didn't notice. Welcome to the club.
A lot of knowledgeable people here, so maybe someone can help with the Concertone. I'm sure you can help me in the future.
Happy Camping!
Ernie
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

Gary, I pipe my Ipod through my Concertone. You will have to switch the unit to an aux input (The same way you would switch it from CD to DVD). Plug your compluter into the AV plugs (mine are in the cabinet under the TV). You may have to switch the wires around so they are of the correctly polarity. Hope this helps.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
Tim

Post by Tim »

Concur with switching the system to AUX mode. I run my XM sat radio through the system with no problem. The two female jacks where I plug in are located below the TV and in the compartment where the DVD/video player resides. They are just to the rear of the AC plug outlet. Hope all this info helps with you problem.
Tim
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

Post by Shields »

I also do that, but bought an A-B switch at radio shack so I could switch from xm to tv audio with the push of a button. Our TV has a second video input in the rear (fun to get at :cry: ) so the DTV goes in one video, DVD in the other, and XM in the AB switch. Makes life very lazy. :)

But, if you try to get at the second video in the rear, removing that TV is a PIA. I ended up cutting a square hole in the cabinet side, avoiding all the cabling luckily, so I could reach in and access the jacks. My wife just did not like the ugly hole, imagine that, so I made a removeable panel that has the thermometer mounted to it. Hole covered, looks fine, and easy access.
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
gary diane

Post by gary diane »

Thanks for your advice and experience. I've done most of what you've suggested (except ipod & sat radio) It's good to know the potential of the system when it's working properly. It appears to be a wiring problem since most of the functions work, exception the tv also wouldn't use surround system. I've read of other people's problems in the concertone forum which doesn't give me alot of faith in the craftsmanship. I guess I'll be removing the fireplace, pulling the tv and checking behind the plates some rainy day. We're wintering in the deserts of Arizona so that day might not come soon. I'll post what I find. Thanks again.