32TS TV Sizes

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
vibetech1

32TS TV Sizes

Post by vibetech1 »

Hi everyone. New to the board. Just ordered a 2007 Cardinal 32TS. I was wondering what size TVs fit in the living room and bedroom. Thank you.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Vibetech, Welcome to the website! As you are getting an 07 I doubt if anyone has the measurements yet. Most birds are set up for a 27 inch in the living area, and in the bedroom depth of the cabinet usually limits you to 13 inch. It would probably be best to wait and physically measure the cabinets, then take the measurements to Wal-Mart as the labels on the shelves give all dimensions of each TV. Because of the number of windows in Cardinals I highly recommend flat screens to reduce glare.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

I agree with Bruce. Don't plan on all units being the same size entertainment areas. We have a 27" flat screen in the living area and a 20" flat screen in the bedroom area. When shopping for the bedroom tv we actually took a measuring tape to stores with us and finally found one that would work. It is a little long in the depth of the tv, and one of these days DH will get around to extending the bottom of the tv shelf so the tv wont tilt to the front. In the mean time we strap it in to travel and so far that has worked for us. One side of the tv sticks out about 3 or 4 inches and the other side fits pretty good.
sealpg

Post by sealpg »

I logged on tonight looking for the same info. Want to buy the hubby a TV for the bedroom for Christmas. Was looking at those flat screen LCD's. Depth would not be a problem, just need to know the width of that space. We have a 2006 37RK. Aren't the bedrooms the same as the 37RL's? I'm in Louisiana, the Cardinal is in Mississippi, so I can't run out and measure. Wouldn't hold anyone's feet to the fire, just need an approx width of the TV cabinet area.
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Hello Pat,

I had good luck with a 20" LCD screen, we purchased it at Best-Buy.
It fits very well in the opening and tilts back and forth. I have a 36 TS and I know the bedroom on the 37's have the same size TV openings, if I find the book I will list the model number. It has a built in DVD but I bought the TV for fit size only when I went shopping.

I think I turned the mounting foot around and screwed it down I also used little silver cap covers to hide the screws.

I attached a picture so you can see how it fits.

George:

George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

Olbird,
I would really appreciate the model number of that TV. It's just what we are looking for. We have a 2006 30TS and the opening looks to be the same size as yours. When you are on the road do you do anything else to secure it?
The TV opening in our bedroom is 21 1/2" wide by 20 3/4" tall. The left (closet side) is 16 1/2" deep and the right side is 12" deep.
Thanks
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

George, You continue to amaze me with your creativness and craftsmanship. Nice job dude! Looking forward to meeting you sometime!
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin

Post by Olbird »

I will go in the camper tomorrow and get the model number and post it.
If you look in the picture I have one screw in the middle of the stand with a silver push on cap to hide the screw and two in back of the stand. I did turn the TV base around so the base would mount flush to the front shelf, very easy I used the same base and mounting bolts that came with the TV. With the screws there is no need to have anything else during travel.
I also used this same method to hold the main TV in place during travel because even with the straps the would want to move a little.

George:
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin

Post by Olbird »

I found the book and model number, also Circuit City has both models with and without DVD on the web site.

Sylvania 20” Enhanced-Definition LCD TV (6620LCT)

Sylvania 20” Enhanced-Definition LCD TV/DVD Combo (6620LDT)

George:
George & Julie

2022 Ford F450 DRW
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

Thanks George, We really appreciate it!!
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
Jan

Post by Jan »

That looks very nice. I'd like to offer another side of the coin. We sold the tv that came with our unit. Since we are full timers, we converted the space to store a large fire safe. It also freed up additional storage space for our electronic devices such as radios.

For entertainment, we use our laptops to watch movies.

As I said, just another point of view.