Stocking Stuffer

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Stocking Stuffer

Post by bop11 »

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
If your looking for a stocking stuffer for that special person in your life.... you know... the one that works so hard to keep the black streaks off the Red Bird... I've found something that seems to work as advertised.
It is the eve trough extenders. I put them on a couple of months ago and haven't had to clean any black streaks off yet. :D
They were 10 bucks for a set at Wal-mart and all I needed was a ladder to snap them in place over the down spouts.
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

They're great so far on mine too. Put em on a little over a month ago and they really put the water away from the sidewalls. Got mine at camping world as I never saw them at wal-mart, can't remember price but they were cheap there too.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

We got ours at Camping World also...I think they were about $8 there and are called gutter extendors I think....
Wadcutter
Cardinal Owners: fifth wheel

Post by Wadcutter »

I put mine on last spring. At the recommendation of a friend I drilled a small hole and put a pop rivet in each one to keep them secure. Friend said he lost a few over the years and after he started putting a pop rivet in them he has not lost a one.
They work great.
DougnDawn
Cardinal Owners: 2006 29 RK LE

Post by DougnDawn »

Another vote for the 'gutter extenders', they work pretty good.

Merry Christmas to all you Redbird folks.

Doug and Dawn
Doug & Dawn
2006 29 RK LE
Tim

Post by Tim »

Got the CAMCO gutter extenders, really like them.
bop11

Post by bop11 »

Thanks Luizianna, When I was writing this post I could not think of gutter extenders and I new darn well that Cardinals don't have eve throughs. My brain wasn't engaged but my lips (fingers in this case) were moving. :oops:
Bill & Penny
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
More fun to come!
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

No problem!! Was easy to translate!! They are a great product and one our new members might not be aware of, so we really should bring these handy products or tips up now and then just as an FYI to members that don't know about them.

Last week I finally got some screens added to my floor vents. When we were camping this past weekend it sure was nice not to have to sweep around those vents!! If your outside vent doesn't have the screens, it is a great idea to have some screen there also. Friends of ours went a whole weekend without a heater, all because dirt dobbers had built a nest inside that vent!
bop11

Post by bop11 »

Hey Linda, I've heard about the one over the furnace intake/exhaust but screens added to the floor vents?? Not having to sweep around them?? Tell me about this one please!!
Bill & Penny
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
More fun to come!
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Sure thing bop.... we just took some screen material, took the vent covers off to measure what size to cut the screen then reattached the vent covers with the screen on the underside. Now small items, like change or broken glass if you happen to be a klutz in the kitchen... :shock: don't fall down in the floor vents. Works great!
califasramsfan

Post by califasramsfan »

I got mine at Wallgreens. Cost me about $2.49 for a set of 20.
In a "pinch", these babies can also can used as clothes pins. :lol:

Yup, they pinch right onto the gutters and do a great job of keeping the black streaks off the bird. :mrgreen:
Califasramsfan
Central California
2005 Chevy 2500 4X4 D/A CrewCab Std. Bed
2006 Cardinal 37RL, aka "Hotel California"
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

gutter extenders

Post by Shields »

I got a set from CW, but it seems mine already has some type of extender on them from the factory. Don't work well but they are there.
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
wild acres

Black Streaks

Post by wild acres »

I had the same problem, so I attached clear plastic clothes pins. Haven't had a black streak lately. And believe me, its been raining for ever around here. Did notice that the awning is changing colors, seems like I just get it cleaned and here comes the rain again. Oh well, at least its not that "white stuff". Happy New Year everyone. John and Linda