Fire Place Install

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Fire Place Install

Post by Olbird »

The 36 TS model does not come with a fire place, however it does come with a huge desk.

I got a idea to install the fire place under the desk on tracks that slide in and out. The factory installed two cabinets doors under the desk towards the back wall so you can sit at the desk and have foot room. I removed the two doors and cabinet frame and mounted the fire place on sliding track board that pushes in and out.

The fire place is about the same size as the two cabinets so when the fire place is pushed back you have the same amount of foot room, when pulled out it acts as a built in fire place for our enjoyment. We really leave it out all the time.
It runs on 120 volts and warms the room when a little extra heat in is needed.

George:

George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

George,

That looks really nice! Thanks for sharing the photos. :)
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

That's really cool. Or should I say hot :?:

Rob
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

Nice proffesional looking job George. My sister is real interested in getting a fireplace installed in her 5r. I'm going to suggest to my brother in law that he take a look at yours and install one for her for Christmas. :wink:
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
Tinner

Post by Tinner »

George,
Great looking job.

I want to install one in the cabinet underneath the TV on our 2003 36 RLTS. Do you mind me asking where you bought the unit and the cost? I've looked at Home Depot and Lowes but have to buy it as a unit with wood work and all when all I need is the unit itself. We bought the 5er used and that was the only thing my DW wanted that it did not have. She really didn't want the washer and dryer but it'll keep her busy while I fish.
:lol:
philimargot

Post by philimargot »

Has any one installed a gas fireplace in a rv?
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Gas fireplaces would not be allowed under the RVIA rules for propane appliances.

George:
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW