Cardinal VS Cedarcreek

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
ODSmith
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 2007, 30TS

Cardinal VS Cedarcreek

Post by ODSmith »

Has anyone done a careful comparison of the Cardinal vs Cedarcreek fifth wheels? A Cedarcreek dealer tried to convince me that the Cedarcreek is a better built rig than the Cardinal. I own a Cardinal 29LE and like it very much but am looking to upgrade to a Cardinal 30TS. Looking at the Forest River web site it is hard to make a comparison on the construction features of the two rigs. I had thought that the Cardinal was the top of the line in Forest River fifth wheels.
O.D. Smith
Russellville, AR
odnpat@suddenlink.net
Cardinal 2007, 30TS
Dodge Ram 03, 2500 Cummins, Stock
Tim

Post by Tim »

I've looked at a lot of the CC line, and although they are nice rigs, I think the Cardinal line is a better built unit. Just my personal opinion. Had they had king size beds when I was looking, I might have bought one.[/url]
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

We chose the Cardinal 30TS over the 30TS CC model mainly because we didn't like that huge beauhemoth of a cabinet just to your left as you enter the CC. I have heard that the 2007 model has something else in that location. Also we didn't feel that the finish was as nice in the CC as in the Cardinal.
This past season we spent 30 nights in our Cardinal and pulled it over 2500 miles. We could not be happier with the Big Red Bird and have not had any major issues that weren't covered under warranty.
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

It just depends on you, they both are built well for the money.

The main differance is the Cardinal uses vacubond walls that I prefer over the Cedar Creek hollow core walls with stuffed insulation. If you notice CC only has Gelcoat outside walls because they need the extra thickness from the gelcoat to help stiffen walls between alum. studs that are screwed together not welded as the Cardinal.

The Cedar Creek Day Dreamer has the most fancy decor and high end standard options from Forest River.

George:
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
King27

Post by King27 »

I really don't think there is a nickles worth of difference between the two brands, provided you opt for the aluminum roof trusses in the Cardinal. Each unit has some differences, and you just have to select the one that fits you best