Can I order trim pieces?

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
ratherbcamping

Can I order trim pieces?

Post by ratherbcamping »

My husband is going to build a small bookcase for the bird. He would like to order about 3 feet of trim like what is above the kitchen cabinets (the one with the ovals cut out of it). We would use that as a bar of sorts to hold the books on the shelf -- it would match really nicely!

So on to my question -- is it possible to order trim pieces from Forest River? Who would we need to contact? Anyone have any numbers or suggestions?

Thanks a million,

Joyce

P.S. My hubby hates winter -- it gives me too much time to dream up modificatons to the trailer while we're waiting for spring to come!
ratherbcamping

Post by ratherbcamping »

Do you have a contact person and phone number?
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Hello Joyce,

Contact Parts Department : 1-574-296-7700 and ask for (Brenda) she handles replacement parts for the Cardinal.

They moved and changed some of the phone numbers, if I was at work I have her direct line but she is the person to work with.

One word of advice is to understand what you want, this means tell them I want the piece that goes over the door in a 36 TS it is 40" long. You cannot say I want 25 inches of the moulding use in the Cardinal LE, because most all items are pre-built for a unit ready to install.
I have her e-mail also at work to email pictures if needed, but she will give it to you also.

I have bought many items from her.

George:
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
kcheese62

Post by kcheese62 »

Olbird wrote:Hello Joyce,

Contact Parts Department : 1-574-296-7700 and ask for (Brenda) she handles replacement parts for the Cardinal.

They moved and changed some of the phone numbers, if I was at work I have her direct line but she is the person to work with.

One word of advice is to understand what you want, this means tell them I want the piece that goes over the door in a 36 TS it is 40" long. You cannot say I want 25 inches of the moulding use in the Cardinal LE, because most all items are pre-built for a unit ready to install.
I have her e-mail also at work to email pictures if needed, but she will give it to you also.

I have bought many items from her.

George:
Any way you can post that email address and direct line, Thanks
Kyle
ratherbcamping

Post by ratherbcamping »

Thanks everyone. My DH called the number given for Brenda and left a message yesterday. Today, someone else from parts called back and very quickly took care of us. It will cost $7.50 plus shipping to get the trim sent to us, and it will go out tomorrow! Hurray! When my DH gets the bookcase done, I'll post some pictures. It will probably take at least a month since he works full-time and can't wait to get skiing on his days off.
ratherbcamping

Post by ratherbcamping »

Just a quick follow-up -- We recieved the galley rail molding today -- A 4-foot piece cost us $7.50 plus shipping. We are quite pleased with Forest River!

Joyce
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Thanks for the follow up Joyce! It's nice to know when someone is happy with the service they recieved.
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

I just ordered some items from Brenda in parts by e-mail with pictures of items I need.

This way you get exactly what you want, no mistakes, here is her e-mail address.

bpittenger@forestriverinc.com
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
Squire

Post by Squire »

UPDATE.... Thought I would pass this along. Today I called the phone number that has been mentioned and they tried to transfer me to parts but could not. They gave me 1-574-206-7600. I called and received a voice mail for KYLE. I left my name and number. About 90 minutes later he called and I placed my order. This number seems to be the actual number for "Cardinal Parts". Hope this helps. I ordered 3 doors and hardware for the computer desk I will be building for our TT on order. The doors were a lot cheaper than I thought they should be.
I will retype the number....1-574-206-7600
ratherbcamping

Post by ratherbcamping »

Kyle was the one that took care of us too. We were quite pleased by how professional and efficient he was!
Squire

Post by Squire »

When trying to order parts, I had e-mailed "Brenda" and finally just went thru the phone transfer system until "Kyle" helped me.
Brenda e-mailed me yesterday and she she was sorry for the delay but she had been out sick and if I still needed help call her at her direct number----574-206-7612.
When I ordered from Kyle he said the doors would be shipped this week. I just checked my credit card and they were charged yesterday.
He quoted the price of the doors with hardware at less than $20 each ($19.85 or something like that, I really don't remember the exact price). I asked him to double-check as that seemed way to cheap to me. He did and said that was the right price.
My bill on my cc for 3 doors with hardware and shipping was $86.93. No way you can come close to that price around here for doors that would only be a close match at best.
Very pleased with their parts service.
Squire

Post by Squire »

Just received my doors . UPS just dropped them off. 3 doors, 3 handles, and six hinges. No escutcheons (backing plates for the handles), I will call Kyle tomorrow and see if he forgot to put them in. Regardless I will order them. Doors look great and it was super fast service.
If you recall, I ordered them last Thursday and he said they would be shipped this week.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

I'm glad to see something is going right for you Squire. Thanks for keeping us updated.