A Few More Lazy Man Toys Installed

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

I'm with you Becky, I figure about 3 more long years.

Rob
WesWesthaver

Post by WesWesthaver »

George, It was great to hear from you! I hope I answered all of your Maxis questions satisfactorily.

Your Maxis installation looks super! You're the first person to mount the Maxis in the basement compartment but it makes a lot of sense to put it there since you're using the Maxis mainly to control your exterior accessories like slide-outs, scare lights, stabilizers etc. Did you fabricate the small cabinet that houses the Maxis? What is the small panel just below the Maxis?

When you have everything finished, would you mind letting me post some of your pictures and a small write-up on our website?

-Wes
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Hello Wes,

Yes, I made a little box to house the maxis unit that matched the compartment. The control unit under the Maxis is for the hydraulic leveling system, at this time I need to push the panel switches to lower and raise the jacks.
My next project is to get the Maxis to control the leveling system also by the hand held remote control. The great thing about the Maxis remote control is I can stand beside any item I am controling.

Most would have installed the Maxis inside the camper but everything I want to control is outside so the outside compartment install best fits my needs.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
WesWesthaver

Post by WesWesthaver »

George, I just read (in another thread) about someone bending their cabinet door hinges as they deployed their slide-out.

One aspect of the Maxis that I think you'll really appreciate is that you can move around, both inside and outside the RV with the Maxis keychain transmitter in your hand which allows you to observe the slide-out from *any* vantage point as it extends and retracts.

This goes a long way towards avoiding mishaps with cabinet doors etc.

Take care,
-Wes