2nd air?

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Squire

2nd air?

Post by Squire »

I have been looking at a 32FKR. If I add the second air when I order it. Is it "ducted" and how does it function ( bedroom only or something else)?
Last edited by Squire on Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Don't know Sqiure, never saw a factory 2nd air. I had ours wired and framed then added it later. It is not ducted and bedroom only, but the ducts from the main unit are very easily closed in the bedroom to concentrate it's power to the lower level. Welcome to the club! :)
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Good Morning squire and welcome to the Cardinal RV Club!! There will be someone along today that can answer you question. Be sure and check out the regions for rally's and get togethers, we would all love to have you join us. Check out our Club Flag.
2005redbird

Post by 2005redbird »

The first unit is ducted the second is normally over the bedroom and is not ducted this is for 5th wheels not sure for the trailer your looking at.
Pez

Post by Pez »

When I ordered my 2006 Bird I had the factory installed second AC.

I have 3 vents for air in the bedroom. Two vents are for the second air
for the bedroom. The third vent is for the AC from the rear of the unit. And of course air flows from the second AC directly on to the bed. We just keep the slide closed and the ducted vents open.

I spent 3 months in Lubbock Tx. last summer and it got hot there. I started out running only the rear AC. I though the rear AC would cool off the bedroom. I got good air flow from the one vent it supplied in the bedroom but it just never got cool enough for us in the bedroom day or night.

It was so hot we used both AC 's for the 3 months we were there.

When I ordered the unit it came ducted. I never though about asking if it was ducted. We lucked out I guess.

For me the second unit needs to be ducted if for no other reason than comfort when you are in the bed.

Pez