Thermopane windows

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Squire

Thermopane windows

Post by Squire »

I hear two sided to this option. It is a $700 option on a 32FKR. Is these windows "double pane" or just a "single pane with a coating"?
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

Squire, we ordered out the thermopane windows on our new 5r last spring and are REALLY happy with them! I may be wrong, but I think they ARE double pane windows. They really do keep the windows from having condensation, like our previous travel trailer did. I think it also helps prevent heat/cold transfer as well. We feel it was worth the added expense, whether you are in a cold or a hot climate. Good luck in your choice! Donna
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
Squire

Post by Squire »

Donna, we live fulltime in our rig and are in Arkansas. I still have a year or so to work and are deciding on the options for our new 32FKR travel trailer.
We can't use a 5th wheel due to wife's knees. Just want everything we need added at the factory. Thanks for the reply.
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

For the heat in your area, I personally think it would be a great idea to have them installed. They will help keep the cooled air in and the heat out. We had looked at 29RK down in Jacksonville Fl, that was perfect (color, etc) except no thermopane, and it would be more expensive to ADD than the price to have it installed right off from the factory (so the salesman told us) and that was the deal breaker. We came home, did the factory tour and ordered out just EXACTLY what we wanted! Good luck in your choice! I know all about 'knees' too! The travel trailers all seem to have very similar to the 5th wheel plans, just without the 'basement' storage. (at least that is what it seemed to me!). Donna
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
grizzlygiant

Post by grizzlygiant »

The thermo-pane dual glazed windows used to RV's have a very small (1/8") air space making them much less effective than the windows in your house. In an RV they do significantly reduce condensation and reduce noise. They are minimally effective as additional insulation for heat/cold transmission. That said, I would not purchase without getting thermo pane glass.