solid counter tops

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Squire

solid counter tops

Post by Squire »

As fulltimers, I am thinking of adding the "solid counter tops". Don't like adding extra weight but like the idea of a delaminated counter top either.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

We've had ours (laminate) for two years now and no problem whatsoever with countertops. Don't remember of ever hearing about delaminating ones either. I guess at this point if it does happen, we'll deal with it then. I think it's more of a personal choice and making your home comfortable for you.
Last edited by Luizianna on Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

We have the solid surface countertops, it wasn't that much more extra and we really like them. If I had to have had laminate that would of been fine too. :)
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

I hate to disappoint anyone but the counter tops in our Cardinals are all laminate. This means it is laminate composite material glued onto particle board.
The optional solid suface counter tops is also laminate composite material glued onto partical board and only the edges ARE solid surface Corian material in the color Fossil giving the look of a complete solid surface.
I just built and installed a matching solid surface Corian dining table and back splashes to match the factory counters.

If you think I am not correct go under the counter and look around the sink and any other area or look at the glue seams.

George:
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

Very true, George. We learned that when we went to the factory to see them built. Look nice, but so does ours with the oak edge!
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Post by rosey »

We ordered the solid surface counter tops on our 34qs (still awaiting delivery) and it did cross my mind how they could install "those heavy" counters in a fiver....well now I know!! :? ..thanks for the info.
Gayle & Mike Rosenblatt "Rosey"
Our Furry Camping Kids; "Ting-Tang,Saylor,& Kai"
07 Cardinal 34QS;4 Slides;Optional Paint;Bigfoot
07 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500 Duramax Dually Longbed CC;Allison;Titan 62 Gal(Super Ser.)fuel tank
Squire

Post by Squire »

Thanks George. Knowledge is the reason I am here. This purchase is a very big deal for us as it will be our home.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

George, would you like to come to Louisiana and teach my DH a thing or two???? Please send some pics of the back splash and table!!!!!
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

:lol: I agree with Luizianna. I joked earlier about my dh and tools. :lol:
You should come to the rally..we could have the guys "tune up our rigs" :shock: my dh will pour the drinks :lol: By the way I need some sewing lessons for I want to make new curtains for the bedroom!! :D
PS I noticed the edges..and wondered the same thing. I really pouted for those things!! Oh well I LOVE them.
Double D's

Post by Double D's »

Becky, Shall I bring my featherweight? It is a piece of cake to sew curtains! I have made many, many curtains in my life! I recently made cornices for our bedroom (Cardinal). Also made our dust ruffle and some pillows. Just say the word and I will bring it along! LOL! Donna

Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

Hey sure, that would be awesome :!: Actually my Aunt is suppose to be teaching me how to make quilts.She is really good at that. I 've been looking at sewing machines. Nothing too pricey. Under $150. Your trailer is how I got the idea for the curtains in the bedroom. I hate to complain, but I am really not even that fond of the HARD cornices.They look nice, but I would like to experiement with some drapes in our back window. We like it dark for sleeping in and for tv! So ya...come on over. We have snow on the ground,I'll put coffee on!! :lol:
Double D's

Post by Double D's »

HEEHEE! Too dang bad you are not coming down to the Rally in Fredricksburg! I sure COULD bring it down there with me! LOL!
Looks like your weather is as bad as ours in Illinois, in fact, you might have more snow than we do!
I made the cornices for the bedroom and trimmed them across the center in antique lace... My 'Manly Man' still likes it -- mainly cause I am there! LOL!
Show us your pix when you are finished with your redecorating!
See ya somewhere down the road! Donna

Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Uhhhhhh...Donnnnnnna, I will be in Fredericksburg!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Just kidding... :lol:

Can't wait to see all your decorations in person!!
Double D's

Post by Double D's »

LOL!! I have been busy again, 'Tweaking'!! HA! I made cornices for the bedroom to go over the lace curtains, and trimmed out the molding on either side of the slides in bedroom and living room/dining area. It will be FUN seeing what everyone has done to their units!

I am loading up clothes and starting to get foodstuffs ready to take out. We leave here in 2 weeks (weather permitting!). I can't WAIT! Donna

Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

Wow Donna you will have to post some photos! I bet that they are beautiful! :) I sure hope that we meet up sometime. Our trailer will bore you thought! I get lots of "ideas" but just don't follow through..lol :oops: