Wood Floor

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
philimargot

Wood Floor

Post by philimargot »

Has any one pulled up the carpet and put in a pergo wood floor. We are going to give it a try. We camp in a muddy area and think the wood floor would be easier to keep clean. Do you think it will work with the slide outs?

Thanks,

Phil
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

When we were shopping for ours, we wanted no carpet, and would have ordered it if that had been an option, instead of buying what was on the lot. We were told that because of the slides, it had to have some carpet. They had one unit on the lot that had the minimal carpet, and that is the one we bought.
philimargot

Post by philimargot »

Why can't you put wood on the slides. I plan on using a floating floor.
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Its not that you can't install it on the slide floor, the problem is that the slide edge that overlaps the main floor needs some type of a overlaping edge. The factory does carpet in all the slides because it is a easy way to a have finish edge that flaps down to overlap the main floor.

If you notice even units that have sliding kitchen have a carpet edge under the cabinets (factories way to close up edge).

So you will have no problem with installing the floor, just put on your thinking cap to come up with nice edge that does not cause a tripping hazzard.

It can be done.

George:
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
philimargot

Post by philimargot »

Yes I need a edge piece of wood. I was looking at the type that was used for step down. I just must make sure the nails do not go through the slide out flooring.