New member--with questions on rvdirect, 30RK & 31RK

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

New member--with questions on rvdirect, 30RK & 31RK

Post by markj »

Hi guys! I'm VERY close (maybe Saturday--maybe RV direct) to buying the LE30RK or 31RK--not sure. Any input from current owners of those models would be helpful. And RV direct--I looked at a thread from last summer on it, and people were talking about how we post a bid to Rv direct. I thought they just gave a price? Anyone know the latest procedure? Mark
grizzlygiant

Post by grizzlygiant »

I have been looking at the 31RK and objected to the refer in the dinette slide. I prefer the 29RK which is only inches shorter. I have not heard of a 30RK. Be sure to check out holmanrv.com --- they have good Cardinal prices.
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

Post by Shields »

Actually the refer in the slide is perfect. THat way you can open it without opening the slide for those "meals on the road". We would have it no other way. However, the pantry youshould look at real hard as ours did not prove to be durable and I had to rebuild the shelves.
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
grizzlygiant

Post by grizzlygiant »

Shields wrote:Actually the refer in the slide is perfect. THat way you can open it without opening the slide for those "meals on the road". We would have it no other way. However, the pantry youshould look at real hard as ours did not prove to be durable and I had to rebuild the shelves.
Very good point!!!
rvlost

Post by rvlost »

Can't help with the models, but we did purchase from RVDirect last summer. For awhile last year they changed their purchase process to a bid system, but changed it back to giving you the price up front a few months ago.

We found their prices to be excellent ($11k lower than the dealer's best price), and delivery was right on schedule.
Brent & Susan
Cardinal Owners: 06 31RKLE

Post by Brent & Susan »

Hello there and welcome to the club. We have the 31rk and couldn't be happier. :D :D We love the fact that the frig was in the slide don't have to put them all out to load the frig only bad thing is the panty is not easy to load the same way :( Haven't had the problem with the panty shelf but will look at them if it ever warms up here (at or below 0 here). Ether one is a get unit are friends also have a redbird 29rk and love ti also. Good luck on your purchase and keep us posted Brent
Brent & Susan
06 31RKLE
02 Chevy crew 6.0
4 fur kids Shotzi, Sierra, Charile mini schauzers and Andy giant schnauzer
R & D

Post by R & D »

Hello....Roy & I just brought home a new 30RKLE. Our first trip won't be for a while, but we love her. We bought her thru a dealer though. I hope we made a good deal...but who knows!!??
Did you make your choice yet? Let us know.
Roy & Dayna
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Congratulations Dayna!! If you got what you wanted, then you got a good deal! There will always be someone who paid less for the same thing, but you can't even think that way. As long as you are happy with what you got...then you got a good deal! Go out, enjoy it and make many many happy camping memories!