HELP Please

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
DanDDan

HELP Please

Post by DanDDan »

Going to buy 2003 Cardinal 29LE .... Will there be a problem puling it with short box.... Without a slider . Thanks Dan
califasramsfan

Re: HELP Please

Post by califasramsfan »

DanDDan wrote:Going to buy 2003 Cardinal 29LE .... Will there be a problem puling it with short box.... Without a slider . Thanks Dan
Hey Dan.
I'm pulling my Cardinal 37RL with a standard box, (short box) Chevy Crew Cab with no problems. With a 39.5 foot trailer I make sure I don't get myself into a situation that brings the nose so close to the cab. I do have an extended pin that came standard with our Bird and makes a big difference.
So if you have the extended pin, you will be fine. I have read so many posts about this topic. The majority who do have a slider hitch will tell you they have never had to use it, but its nice to know its available the day they do.
Good luck with your purchase.
Richard
(Califasramsfan)
Califasramsfan
Central California
2005 Chevy 2500 4X4 D/A CrewCab Std. Bed
2006 Cardinal 37RL, aka "Hotel California"
Brent & Susan
Cardinal Owners: 06 31RKLE

Post by Brent & Susan »

Hello and welcome. I have a 31rk with a ex pin box and pull it with a crew cab short box 6.5 and don't have a slider with out any problems. My camping bubby has a 6 foot box no slider and a 29rk no issues there either.
Brent & Susan
06 31RKLE
02 Chevy crew 6.0
4 fur kids Shotzi, Sierra, Charile mini schauzers and Andy giant schnauzer
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Short bed

Post by Don Wilson »

The main thing you will have to be carefull of is real sharp turns!! The extended pinbox will make that a little less critical.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Duck

Re: HELP Please

Post by Duck »

DanDDan wrote:Going to buy 2003 Cardinal 29LE .... Will there be a problem puling it with short box.... Without a slider . Thanks Dan

Hi DAN I have the same unit and am pulling it with a GMC 2500HD extended cab and short box. Have had no problems whatsover ecept a lil caution is needed when turning while at the same time going over a curb say into a gas station
DanDDan

Post by DanDDan »

Well I finally picked up my RED BIRD 2004 29WBLE.... Hitch weight 2200lbs Trailer 10000 not loaded yet clearance 7 inches from box rails clearance from cab lots of room ... Are these weights normal in that length .. Truck is 2500 HD duramax SB Thanks Dan
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Sounds like a pretty normal set-up to me. Travel safe!
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")