Pre Delivery Inspection

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

Pre Delivery Inspection

Post by rosey »

Hey Guys.......I have done my research about the pre-delivery inspection at the dealer but just wanted to get some feedback from fellow "Bird" owners. Is there anyyhing that I should give special attention to while doing the inspection??........what flaws if any did you discover?? I know that there have been issues with KENDA tires in the past.......and that Forest River no longer uses those Chinese tires.......what brand does Cardinal use now and have they been satisfactory??........Thanks!!!
Gayle & Mike Rosenblatt "Rosey"
Our Furry Camping Kids; "Ting-Tang,Saylor,& Kai"
07 Cardinal 34QS;4 Slides;Optional Paint;Bigfoot
07 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500 Duramax Dually Longbed CC;Allison;Titan 62 Gal(Super Ser.)fuel tank
romantraveler
Cardinal Owners: 2002 Cardinal LX

Post by romantraveler »

The new units I looked at at the Pleaseanton RV show had Loadstars. I believe they are also from China. Do yourself a favor and replace them with a better quality tire if they are indeed from China. I went to Michelin XPS ribs. Just my 2 cents. Congrats on the 34QS, one heck of trailer.

RT
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

X2 on the michelin ribs, I would ask if I could take it to a tire shop immediately and have any chinese tires removed and michelins fitted and have the dealer buy any inferior tires back. Too much is at risk! If they won't buy them back, replace them at end of warranty period as they can damage a lot of things when they blow.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

I believe Loadstar is made by Kenda.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
BB_TX

Post by BB_TX »

Future Fulltimers wrote:I believe Loadstar is made by Kenda.
Yep. One and the same. Read at the end of the paragraph.

http://www.tirebusiness.com/subscriber/ ... otal_ct=59
Filipowich

Cardinal Redelivery inspection

Post by Filipowich »

My number one concern would be to have all the slides properly close without any gaps on either the inside or out :( There seems to be a problem with some entertainment/fireplace slides. Also check the plastic kitchen sink very closely for scratches. Another area of concern was the adhesion of the shower panels to the walls. Check the cuts made to the exterior wall panels as there maybe chips that were simply filled with some compound.
WP903

Post by WP903 »

Besides everything else that has been mentioned, here is what I would look at...

If you are using a satellite dish, hook it up per the dealers instructions and see if it does actually work.

Check that the TV antenna and booster actually work.

Crawl under the trailer and see if all of the screws holding up the bottom plate are actually screwed in and find out why there are some missing.

If it comes with a generator, find out who is going to do the warranty work.

Have the brakes adjusted - they won't be right from the factory.

Get a thermometer in the fridge and find out where the hot & cold spots are. Trust me, there are differences.

Test the AC and the heat - just like the fridge - they will be hot and cold spots.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

I would also add to the list to check the surround sound...take a movie with you and plug it in and test it. Might save you some aggravation down the road.
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

Ditto's on all the above. Also check the slide outs, when slid out. Make sure there are not any noticeable gaps between the flange of the slide, and the inside wall. I had this problem with my Bird, but did not notice it 'till later. It's just a matter of adjusting the supports under the slide.
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

I took a small hair dryer to test all the elec outlets. One was loose needed fixed before we took trailer off the lot, and they had to adjust the sensor fan. Nothing big..those lists are handy to have. We laminated a check off list to use when hitching the trailer up. Next I am going to make a list for things we need to remember to take with us. DH left his sleeping machine at home the last time! :shock: At any rate...ENJOY :lol:
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

When we first got our bird, my DH laminated a hook up checklist. That list stayes in the truck and he will not pull out hooked up without checking that list, even after 2 years. Says it is to easy to get complacent and forget just 1 important thing. We found out a few weeks ago what happens when that break away string gets unplugged. The brakes on the rig tighten up. He thought it was the prodigy acting up, but pulled over and found the string unplugged. At least now we know that works like it is supposed to!
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Luizianna wrote:When we first got our bird, my DH laminated a hook up checklist. That list stayes in the truck and he will not pull out hooked up without checking that list, even after 2 years. Says it is to easy to get complacent and forget just 1 important thing. We found out a few weeks ago what happens when that break away string gets unplugged. The brakes on the rig tighten up. He thought it was the prodigy acting up, but pulled over and found the string unplugged. At least now we know that works like it is supposed to!
Linda, Sounds like you need a brake adjustment. If that plunger gets pulled it is supposed to lock-up the brakes on the camper. If you've got many miles at all its a good idea, mine were set too loose even from the factory. If you can't get your mobile guy to come fast enough, we can do it in Fredricksburg as I have the brake tool and a 6 ton floor jack with me. Just leave plenty of following distance getting there and be careful!! We want everybody there safely! :wink:
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")