Fulltiming in a Cardinal 37RL

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Rondo

Fulltiming in a Cardinal 37RL

Post by Rondo »

Hello folks,

DW and I will be fulltiming here shortly in our fiver. We don't plan on moving around or towing anywhere for at least eight months. Is it okay to leave the trailer hooked up and the extensions out for that long? Should we switch over to propane every now and then and close the extensions and re-open them? We are newbies as you can tell.

Thanks for all the great info we already have "borrowed" from you all.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Congratulations on the new Lifestyle! And welcome to the club.

We leave our bird plugged into shore power 24/7 with the slides out. It is stored inside tho, so I'm not sure if that would make a difference. Fulltimers have theirs plugged in and slides out all the time, especially those that don't move from park to park. We leave the fridge on auto and just check the batteries every few weeks and add water as needed. Have done this for two years now and no problems.

You wont be newbies long and very soon will be giving advice and answering questions yourself.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

We are currently full-timing in ours, but do move every month or so. I would spray the slide mechanisms with WD-40 every couple of months and cycle them in and out once at that time. Good time to check and adjust tire pressure also as you will note your stability inside the trailer will vary with tire pressure. As for the propane, would probably be a good idea to test the system on water heater and fridge at about the same interval just to know every thing is working right. I also installed aluminum screen over or inside of every opening on my trailer to keep out bees, mud-daubers, etc which love to make homes in stationary rigs. Hope you enjoy your new lifestyle as much as we do.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")