Installing battery cutoff

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
DanDDan

Installing battery cutoff

Post by DanDDan »

Any advice on installing a battery cutoff switch in our 29 WBLE. When installing do I connect switch to negative side, just want to make sure this is correct and what kind of switch other people are using Thanks Dan
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

I don't use one, just the one inside the door but I would install it on the positive side. Be advised that if you have the solar panel on top of the A/C unit, it will not keep your battery charged.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
Diesel Dave 04
Cardinal Owners: 2007 36-2BH

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

All that I have seen are on the negative side. I was going to add one to mine after i Bought it without one cause i couldnt pay$75 for a $15.00 switch. But I never use it any way, when i store it for winter I unhook the Batt. the rest of the year it stays hooked up.
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
fix 7.3 , 6.0 AND now 6.4s Powerstroke diesels.
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Hello Dan,

To be correct it always installed on the Positive side of the power source.

To check myself I just went and looked at the Factory wiring drawing for the Cardinals. Make sure you buy a switch that is designed to carry the required Amps to operate the system.

George:
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW