First Trip out

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Diesel Dave 04
Cardinal Owners: 2007 36-2BH

First Trip out

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

Well as most of you know I took delivery of are Bird on Nov.21 Then put it in storage. well We have are first trip planed for April 6-8 Cant wait And to make it even Better we will be brakening it in on are anniversary. :D
I have some www.plugitright.com stablelizers to install and my 2nd AC unit and a few ods and ends so i guess I will get it from storage in about 3 weeks. I hope the weather brakes and it starts to warm up here, ever since that dumb ground hug said early spring we been in a deep freeze.It has been a long time coming this first trip out. cant wait. :D
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
fix 7.3 , 6.0 AND now 6.4s Powerstroke diesels.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Hey, Happy Anniversary and Happy Camping Trip!! You'll be so proud of it you wont know if you want to sit outside and admire it or stay inside and burst with pride...lol
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

Looking forward to trips is half the fun :D Where are you guys headed? Hope that you have a great anniversary trip - we've camped on our anniversary since we got our Bird - wouldn't have it any other way!
bbgun

Post by bbgun »

Alright :) Don't forget your champagne and camera. Happy Anniversary!
Diesel Dave 04

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

We are going to Eagles Peak colse to home but nun the less a weekend away to relax.
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Enjoy your weekend and anniversary. Some of our most enjoyable weekends were within 20 miles of home! As long as you can look out your door and not see you house, you can pretend you are anywhere in the world!
Diesel Dave 04

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

Found that out last year, When fuel went so high we did alot of trips close to home. And on a weekend It is much better for me, I can get set up and injoy friday night not spend it driving then most of sunday driving.

We do still plan 2 trips far away but they are 10 day trips. this year is SC.Myrtle Beach and VA. Beach
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

Diesel Dave 04 wrote:I can get set up and injoy friday night not spend it driving then most of sunday driving.
Exactly - our favorite weekend spot is 1 hour from home, on a lake, we can be set up and drinking a beer to watch the sunset and then make it home on Sunday in time to watch the race...perfect! :lol:
Diesel Dave 04

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

I been staying away from the RV sites for winter and now that I started posting and reading again, The RV bug is getting me. I cant wait to dig it out of storage even if i only sit in it in the driveway.
I was lucky again this winter I had a place to store it indoors for free that indoor storage really helps keep them nice.