Warranty Refunds

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
georgibbo

Warranty Refunds

Post by georgibbo »

I recently applied for my refund from Star RV/Interstate National Dealer Services, Inc. & was turned down. Is anyone familiar with this company? I love my Cardinal LX 32 & have had only minor repair problems so never filed a claim. Now Star RV says a claim # was issued in 2003 eventho it was never filed & they never paid it. When I took it to RV repair shop they called with estimate, but after I was told amt of repair I told repair shop I would not file claim as bill was very minor. Now Star RV says that call instigated a claim. Anyone have any advise? $1,895 is not insignificant amount.
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

georgibbo,
I'm only a year into my service contract so I can't comment on your dilemma but sure am curious to find out what happens.
Welcome to the club and keep us posted.
Good Luck!!
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

No help here as I took the risk and declined extended warranty, because I have had similar experiences in the past. I always make a big deal when they offer these warranties asking if they have built and are selling an inferior product and feel I need protection from their mistakes and ask if I should shop elsewhere. Doesn't help anything as I've been burned before and likely will be again, just can't resist seeing the sales folks wriggle.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

campswithcritters wrote:I always make a big deal when they offer these warranties asking if they have built and are selling an inferior product and feel I need protection from their mistakes and ask if I should shop elsewhere.
DITTO!

Rob