5TH Wheel Values

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
JOE33060
Cardinal Owners: 2006 36-2BHLE

5TH Wheel Values

Post by JOE33060 »

Heres a question I havent seen but have been giving quite a bit of thought to. How long should you keep your 5TH wheel before it starts losing value. The reason Im trying to figure this out is I LOVE toys! I like to add anything new thing I can. Like I want the JT Stabilizer and electric rear jacks and stuff. Im concerned to spend thousnds of dollars then in 5 years not have any value left or that its outlived its useful life. Any thoughts would be helpful before my wife says Im wasting our money. Also does adding these items raise the value when trading 5th wheels.

Thanks

Joe
Joe and Cheryl
2006 36-2BHLE
2008 Ford F350 CC King Ranch
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

I can't answer you question Joe but maybe this will help
http://www2.nadaguides.com/SectionHome. ... p=0&f=5602
We're planning on keeping this one 7-10 years.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Hello Joe,

I love adding toys to my rig also, but as for resale value you will not get your money back. You may get top resale value at the time of your sale if someone feels the same about all the optional items you installed.

If you plan on changing 5th wheels in a couple years just remove the items you installed and add them to the new rig. If you have all your added toys installed longer than five years just buy new ones for your new rig because new products are always coming out with improvments over the old ones.

Add your toys and enjoy them while camping, anything we enjoy cost money, boating, fishing, golf, camping, etc.

George:
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
rosey
Cardinal Owners: 07 Cardinal 34QS

"Toys" for 5er

Post by rosey »

I agree........no matter what your hobby or for that matter whatever expensive items that you purchase in life...very seldom do you re-coup the entire costs of those luxuries. My feeling is that life is too short and as the old saying goes " you can't take it with you".....enjoy life..buy those luxuries and don't worry about it. When the time comes to buy a new 5er enjoy that one too and don't look back. :mrgreen: ...just my opinion.
Gayle & Mike Rosenblatt "Rosey"
Our Furry Camping Kids; "Ting-Tang,Saylor,& Kai"
07 Cardinal 34QS;4 Slides;Optional Paint;Bigfoot
07 Chevy Silverado LT3 3500 Duramax Dually Longbed CC;Allison;Titan 62 Gal(Super Ser.)fuel tank
Diesel Dave 04
Cardinal Owners: 2007 36-2BH

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

Joe I kept my last unit 1 1/2 years and took a $4000.00 Hit on it I think i could have taken the same loss if i kept it 3-4.5 years.
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
fix 7.3 , 6.0 AND now 6.4s Powerstroke diesels.