29WBLE

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
DanDDan

29WBLE

Post by DanDDan »

Does anyone know where I might get a copy of a manual for a 2004
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Dan, ck on the club front page...there is a link there to Forest River and phone numbers to different areas within Forest River. Maybe someone there could help you also.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Try the following: Rod Batts, rbatts@forestriverinc.com, 574-389-8394. Had that in my email address book for a while. Hope it is still active. I have an 05 29wble, what are your questions.
Tim
DanDDan

Post by DanDDan »

The question I have is on propane tanks. Can you just turn one on at a time, and the round green gauge has three windows on it, is it left side for one tank middle for both and right side for main tank? In other words are you able to run on spare tank only till that runs out then switch to manin and fill spare. Tim you have the same setup as I do. Being a new guy here does your truck handle it okay and was Trail Air worth it .. Thanks Dan
ratherbcamping

Post by ratherbcamping »

We turn on only one tank at a time. That way, we know it's time to get it filled. With automatic switch-over, we never knew that one needed a refill and wound up totally out more than once.
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

2004 Owners Manual

Post by Don Wilson »

When we contacted Forest River about the 04 manual they did not have any printed vesions so they photocopied every manual (a/c, waterheater, referigator etc) that went with the trailer. The cost was $25.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

ratherbcamping wrote:We turn on only one tank at a time. That way, we know it's time to get it filled. With automatic switch-over, we never knew that one needed a refill and wound up totally out more than once.
Same Here
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
Tim

Post by Tim »

DanDDan,
Hate to say it, but I never have fully understood how the propane system works on the rig. The books do not give a good explanation and I have my guage turned all the way to the left. It always works that way and trying it in other configurations in the past was not as successful. Seems that with this setting it draws from the road side tank first. If someone else on this forum has a better feedback on propane valve ops let us know. I even went to the web site and it provided no valuable info.
As to the TrailAir, I like it a lot. That said, what are you pulling your rig with? I would think a dually would add to stability, up/down, more than my SRW 2500. Also, you are looking at about $1000.00 USD for the TrailAir. It sure make the ride easier in my tow vehicle. Tow it for a while and see how it works with the regular pin box. You can get a lot of camping in for 1K.
Tim
Me&Margie
Cardinal Owners: '07 31RKLE

2004 owners manual

Post by Me&Margie »

Guys: The propane system in my rig consists of two tanks, one on either side of the rig. The system is equipped with a Fairview Automatic Changeover Regulator. Assuming I start off with two full tanks, I turn both tanks on and turn the valve on the regulator to one of the tanks, doesn't matter which, this is now my supply tank. I should also now have a green flag showing on the regulator. When the pressure drops to a certain level in the supply tank, the regulator will automatically switch over to the other tank, and a red flag will appear. Turn the valve on the regulator to the other tank, verify you get a green flag, shut the valve on the now empty supply tank and go get it filled. When you put the refilled tank back in the system, just hook it up, turn it on, and go about your business. When you get a red flag on the other tank, you just repeat the steps above. This is also pretty much how the system worked in our old '78 Wilderness TT, so I'm thinking most, if not all, two tank systems work very similar. Now granted, propane is nothing to take lightly, but its also something that shouldn't cause us too much concern, as long as we use a little common sense when we are handling it.
Hope this helps a little. Sorry I got so long winded!! Marv
Marv & Margie
'07 Cardinal 31RKLE
'06 F-250 PSD S/C 4X2, Hijacker, Line-X.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

I'm with you Marv, I use the auto change-over, although I have a Marshall Valve which sounds like different control valve, but a red flag beats running outside to switch tanks on a cold 3 AM morning.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Tim

Post by Tim »

The control valve on my rig was made by the Cavagna group. Reminds me of my years in the Army, all equipment built by the lowest bidder.
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Hello All,

Marv has it correct, the only thing I can add is you can manually switch between tanks buy turning the auto selector knob at any time. You can only run on one tank at a time and switching unit has check valves inside that prevent leaking backwards when your remove the empty bottle.
If you leave both tanks on get into a habit of watching and knowing what tank is being use and the green flag position for the in use tank, so when the green flag switches positions you will know the other is empty.

It will not switch if the full tank is off, it also will not switch to a empty tank because (DP) differential pressures is how the unit operates.

George:
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

campswithcritters wrote:I have a Marshall Valve which sounds like different control valve, but a red flag beats running outside to switch tanks on a cold 3 AM morning.
I replaced mine with a Marshall 250. I also bought a change over indicator. I plan on mounting the indicator on the control panel in the trailer. The indicator will flash when the valve switches to the other tank.

Rob
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

Rob,
That's a great idea!! Let us know how it all works.
My only concern is with more flashing and blinking lights inside the Cardinal I wonder if some people on this site will ever do any traveling.
:lol:
Me included!!! :idea:
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!