where do you store all your things ideas please

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Diesel Dave 04
Cardinal Owners: 2007 36-2BH

where do you store all your things ideas please

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

I have a brand new 36-2BH and I dont think it has the same anount of OUTSIDE storage as my old CrossRoads did.

I have my normal things to take along Like chairs a Roadtrip grill awing light, water hoses extention cords, and things.

I would like to hear where you guys store your stuff like that.

I have space under the bunk in the bunk room I thought that is where i would put the grill and chairs and maybe my screen room. and try to put the cords and hoses up in the front conpartment.

Just looking for ideas.
Thanks Dave
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
fix 7.3 , 6.0 AND now 6.4s Powerstroke diesels.
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

I have two rubber maid containers one for sewer stuff the other for cable, water, electric cord (30 amp) and misc needs. I have one other container for extra water hoses and sewer connections. Two of these containers stack on top of each other and really do hold a lot of things. My chairs are the ones that fit in the long bags and I carry 4 of them. Still room for my barbecue and tripod. The front compartment is where I carry my tools. As you can see by my sig I only have a 29 RKLE.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Like Mike, I use some plastic storage containers for most stuff in the front cargo area. As my rig is never stored anymore, I just coil the water hose and elect. and tv cables and stand the coils on end leaning against other stuff in the street side fwd door to be handy for hookups. I keep the sewer hose in a pvc pipe riding in the back of the truck. BBQ grill (weber with sawed off legs) rides upside down in a box inside curbside forward area and folding chairs lean against that. I will say that my rig has more useable forward storage than most I have seen, but still needs periodic clean outs and reorganization to keep from gathering unneccessary stuff. Our rule in reorganizing is if you didn't use it in the past year...out it goes. Find some containers that fit your hold, you'd be amazed how much room they save rather than things lying around loose.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Dave, we started out carrying everything we thought we might need. Over the last two years we have eliminated a lot of stuff. Our last trip to TX, we realized we really didn't use the awning lights that much so they are now in a storage shed. We cut down on chairs because most people have their own chairs and it's no big deal to bring your own chairs to sit and chat with new friends. Like Mike said, those containers really do hold a lot of the little stuff. Our storage compartment is all open and can be accessed by 3 doors, we've noticed on a lot of the newer models they storage is divided into smaller areas. Congrats on the new rig and you'll figure it out and what suitss your needs. Good Luck and Happy Camping!!
Diesel Dave 04

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

Thanks for the replys, I have an extra fridge in the front most conpartment I use for beer and soda, it taks up about 1/3 of the room up front there It keeps me from buying Ice. the 36-2BH has a smaller conpartment on the awining side do to the closet inside taking up room.

I will see what for storage bins i can get at Wall*Mart.
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
JOE33060
Cardinal Owners: 2006 36-2BHLE

Post by JOE33060 »

Im not good at adding pics so ill try to explain what weve done. I hang my 2 water hoses and cable cord on the door on the street side. West Marine sells chrome Perko clips I used. They also sell the straps to wrap your hoses and cable.In the compartment where the water pump is I keep my small gas bottles for the Coleman Road Trip,the colapsable trash can and small extra stuff.I dont put anything that can roll or move because the heater pipes are in there.I keep our patio mat in a plastic box and my awning lites in another one the same size. My wife got these at wallmart and the lids lock.The rest just goes where it fits. Oh our chairs are the folding recliners in a bag from camping world and they stay under the bed in the bunkroom.

Well I figured out how to add pictures again. This is far from perfect and Im always changing stuff but this shows a basic idea have I set it up.I want to hang some baskets on the wall in the front comartment to hold stuff like out Tiki Torches and lantern.
Joe and Cheryl
2006 36-2BHLE
2008 Ford F350 CC King Ranch
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

Joe,
That's some great ideas!! Thanks for the pics. They turned out excellent!!
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

Joe,
It looks like you are more organized than I am. I like your ideas. I will try to implement some of them this weekend, as I need to re-organize the storage again. I'm trying to co-ordinate this with a drainage leak from the galley tank. With time constraints, I will probably just through the STUFF back in again... :roll:
I do get serious about organizing when I'm about to hit the road. Then it's a rush too!
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

I put your pics in a different layout Joe. Thank you for them it gives me some ideas
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

Joe, what did you use to attach your hoses to the door? I'm afraid to put anything on the doors because they seem so light weight.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
Me&Margie
Cardinal Owners: '07 31RKLE

Post by Me&Margie »

Joe: Thanks for the great ideas. I would also like to know what you used to attach the water hoses to the door. Also, do you have the awning rod clamped as well, or is it just laying on top of the jack crank??
Looks like I've got to start another shopping list for the Bird!! :roll:
Marv
Marv & Margie
'07 Cardinal 31RKLE
'06 F-250 PSD S/C 4X2, Hijacker, Line-X.
tug911

Post by tug911 »

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:20 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe, what did you use to attach your hoses to the door? I'm afraid to put anything on the doors because they seem so light weight. I have the same concerns that Future Fulltimers have about the doors,will they hold up or cause the hinges to get weak.
JOE33060
Cardinal Owners: 2006 36-2BHLE

Post by JOE33060 »

Thanks for all the comments and I hope you all can use these ideas. The awning rod just sits there,I couldnt find any clips small enough for it. The hoses are wraped with a velcro strap that has a small loop on them. They are sold in a package of 3 sizes. I got them at West Marine. If I get to my yard tonite Ill try to get a brand name. The chrome clips are by Perko and I got them from West Marine by the fenders. Also Im not concerned about the weight on the door for a couple reasons. Most of the time when that door is being used the cable and hose wont be hanging. Also when going down the road the door is shut and locked and in its frame. I tightened all the screws that mount this door and will check them to make sure nothing comes loose then move them if needed but mostly Im just hoping it works out.Also I used #6 3/4in stainless counter sunk screws to mount the clips on the door.

Joe
Joe and Cheryl
2006 36-2BHLE
2008 Ford F350 CC King Ranch
Diesel Dave 04

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

Thanks Joe, Im doing the same thing with the storage bins Dumped $82 at Wall*Mart on gutter extenders and Storage Bins, I put stackable draws on the awing side for all the samll things, and I think I may put some hooks in side to hang the hose on.
I have my buddy who does eletrical work getting me a price on cord to make a 50amp cord that will flex. Mine wont flex and i cant even coil it nice to store it. This must be somthing they did to cut cost went with a cheeper power cord. if i had known i would have switched with my cord from my last unit it was 50 amp and it was easy to coil.
david_iona

Post by david_iona »

In my 29 RK the front storage area and the large cargo storage area are one big open space. I added a pegboard to the back of the front storage area and use pegs on both sides to hang hoses, cords, awning hook, crank handles, fishing rods and other items that have no home underneath. The added advantage to the pegboard is it also separates the front storage and provides a wall to help keep other items in the large cargo area from rolling forward. Sure wish my doors opened to the side instead of swinging up cause I like the door storage idea.