Need anything else when picking up new rig aside from PDI?

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
jamespatrick4

Need anything else when picking up new rig aside from PDI?

Post by jamespatrick4 »

Hi folks: We are picking up our new 36-2BH in mid-April. This is replacing another 5th wheel so we’re preparing for the switch over (everything in plastic tubs, etc.). I’ll use Tom Boles’ PDI. My current unit does not use an anode for the water heater so it occurred to me I should buy a couple of extras while I’m at the dealer. My questions is whether there is anything else I should consider purchasing now (maybe unique to the Cardinals or the 36-2BH)? In other words, aside from spare anode rods, are there any other “oh, I should have bought one of those” or ”I should have done this or that”? We have the typical RV material, extra fresh water hose, storage tubs, etc.

Thanks in advance.

James
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Need Anything

Post by Don Wilson »

James,

I would suggest you only get the basics you will not be taking from your old trailer (water hose, sewer hose, etc) to do any initial camping from the dealer. I can not think of anything unique to Cardinal that is not used by other manufactures, but someone will let you know if they know of anything.

You can get anodes and most other items from Camping World for considerably less. If you don't have one close by you will still pay less after joining and paying for shipping than buying from a dealer.

I agree it is good to support local dealers but not if you are going to pay as much as 30 to 50 % more. Check the price in Camping World and then call your dealer's parts dept. and compare!!

Check out Camping World link below.
http://www.campingworld.com

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Hi James

I wouldn't bother carrying a spare anode rod. The rod is not something that needs to be changed on moments notice. I just replaced mine after a year an a half of use and could easily have gone another six months.

Rob
jamespatrick4

Post by jamespatrick4 »

Don, since CW is usually pretty pricey, I assumed the dealer would not be much different, but perhaps not. I'll check with CW before we head to the dealer. I believe we got a $50 of free stuff at the dealer when we pick up the unit but I can think other stuff I'd like to spend the $50 on that I normally wouldn't go out and buy!

Rob: I agree the anode rod is not a time critial part but with kids at 3 and 5 years old, 6 months passes like a few hours for us. I also carry RV antifreeze year round for that same reason. The time between the last trip of summer and that first hard freeze of the winter seems like hours instead of weeks.

Thanks for the responses.